Baby Stock Cubes??

steph1505

Reaction score
Does anyone use these?!

I thought stock cubes were unsuitable due to their salt levels and then I seen these!

Does anyone else use them? Or has anyone heard anything about them?!

Im supposing you could make up your own stock by boiling a few herbs, a carrot, potato and other veg ifywim? I make my own stock in general and dont put salt in and just boil 'leftovers' from when i cook, I keep it all in the freezer til i need to make stock, its stuff like the odd chunk of potato or carrot, celery, a garlic or 2, ginger, broccoli stalk, honestly the list goes on!

I bought some of the Boots baby stock cubes which we've used in our dinners as Aisling eats the same as us. I bought 4 boxes at once and wish I hadn't - they're the most tasteless things ever, no point in them at all! :dohh:

Yea I heard of these. You can buy them from Boots, the normal ones have too much salt.

x

Thanks! Yeah I thought the normal ones would be far too salty for babies! Aw thats great then I'll pick up a few tomorrow then from Boots :D:D Thank u :D:D x x x

you can buy low salt stock in the special dietary needs bit at the supermarket. Its maybe not as low salt as baby stock but see Lu's comments. I have to admit i sometimes use normal strength stock but dilute alot more. Sometimes i think salt is the bane of my life when it comes to feeding baby!!

I use the Boots ones when I make cassaroles.

We use the Boots one but i have just noticed that Heinz have started to make them too and you can buy them in the supermarket

We use these too but agree that they are tasteless. O have started taking Emma's portions out and then adding regular stock cubes to ours. I guess the solution is to make my own stock though.

I use these ones for Doms food: https://kallofoods.com/kallo/produc.../organic-very-low-salt-vegetable-stock-cubes/

You can get them from Sainsburys, or Holland and Barret health food stores (not sure about other supermarkets though). They do have a little bit more salt than the boots ones but im guessing they are still ok to use, and they make the food taste lovely! I have used the boots ones and they taste of nothing, I may as well use water!

Bluetomato, that's what I've got, too, and I agree, they actually make the food taste ok (and I am a bit of a salt junkie!). I made a cottage pie yesterday and used one in the mince and it was good, and only 0.4g salt in the entire dish, which made enough to serve 4 adults and 2 babies. Perfectly acceptable to me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->