Baby stopped moving since Wednesday

..marie..

Reaction score
Please help me I’m 18 weeks 3 days and even though I’m still early it is my third baby,Iv felt him constantly move early am and late pm for a good few weeks.since Wednesday night I have felt nothing I rang on call midwife today and she said I should be lucky I’m even feeling him already and that there is nothing she can do till my next scan which is over 2 weeks away,I leave the country Monday for two week I am worried sick.any advise would help

Your midwife is an idiot. Any change in movement is a cause for concern. Could you ring your local hospital (not sure which department as it seems to be different everywhere) and ask for advice from them.

I agree with doggylover, any change in movement is cause for concern. Should definitely go in if it's bothering you!

The labour ward only deals with women over 20 weeks,the on call number I rang said they don’t start monitoring movements till 28 weeks which is rubbish.i ended the phone call with saying so basically I have to wait until my scan at almost 21 weeks and hope for the best,she asked if I’d had pain I told he yes like tight stretching in my bump Wednesday and her response was all sounds normal to me

The thing is, the baby is so small at this point they don’t bother with movement monitoring or kick counts until you’re usually past 28 weeks. The movement you feel now can come and go because the baby can move positions and get into a spot where you can’t feel movement anymore. I used to go several days without feeling anything at that gestation. A change of movement is a concern but normally not until later on, I would do my best not to worry. Your baby is still so little!
Something you could do to ease the worry is buy a little handheld doppler - 18 weeks is far enough along that you should be able to find the heartbeat easily, and that should ease your mind until your baby is old enough that you can do proper kick counts. I had an angelsounds doppler that worked great, it was like $20/$30. You can look for one on Amazon.

I know it’s worrisome but chances are your baby is just hiding! Big hugs

(Oh also, if you go in to the ER they can’t refuse to see you, so if you’re really concerned I would just go in.)

Thank I think I am going to get a Doppler it’s the only way I’m going to be able to put my mind at ease

I understand the concern! I was feeling baby as early as 10 weeks (little pops), I felt wiggles at 12 weeks, then 14 weeks onwards I barely felt them and was petrified. Placenta is anterior, so was blocking the majority of the movements. Then at 20 weeks, happened to be the day of my scan onwards, movement increased, placenta tends to move as you grow, so I can only assume it moved a little higher than where baby was lying, and thats why the movement has finally come back!

My first son was extremely active, so just comparing the two pregnancies is worrying. But I keep having to remind myself, if the placentas are in a totally different place, then the movement is likely to be totally different too. I've even had the odd day or few days where I've felt nothing whatsoever, but maybe baby has all their limbs facing inside, rather than outwards.

At this stage, unfortunately, movement can be inconsistent purely because they have a lot more room to change position entirely and you can get used to a 'pattern' and it'll suddenly change again.

I hope a doppler can give you a bit of piece of mind until your scan. It really sucks that they can't just book you in with your local midwife for a quick heart beat check!

I know they don't seem to see anyone concerning movement unless you're between 20-24 weeks onwards.
xxx

Luckily baby let me know good and hard this morning that he’s ok in there.Iv never been so relieved in my life 😀

I am nearing 18 weeks and first felt my baby kick at 16 weeks 6 days.
I've noticed that I feel the kicks better when I am laying down. When I am up and moving/running around I don't notice them as much.
I've also had a few worrisome moments when I think "when was the last kick?" But, I figured that she is still so small she may be in the center of my uterus or in a spot where her little legs just don't reach yet. Sometimes, when I'm relaxed I just put my hand on my belly and can feel a "ripple" under the skin. Its not a big kick, and I probably wouldn't have noticed it unless I had been laying down and feeling for it.

With my first pregnancy I didn't feel my son kick until 20 weeks. By then his kicks were explosive and even hurt sometimes. I plan to really start monitoring and worrying over her movement then.

I'm glad you are getting the Doppler. I have been using one since 8 weeks and it really is reassuring to hear the HB. Sometimes you can hear the movement through the Doppler, like a swishing sound and then their HB will fade away and you'll have to relocate the baby all over again!

Can I just say with the doppler - be a bit careful with it and don't rely on it too much.

I'm 16 weeks and still haven't been able to find a heart beat.
I went in to my scan last week and was genuinely surprised to see a baby on the screen wiggling away - I was so convinced they were going to tell me something had gone wrong.

Doppler's are amazing and really nice to share the heart beat with family and things, but I only started using it because I worried how few symptoms I was havng - it made me worry twice as bad :haha:

Could you not book in for a private scan to reassure yourself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->