Baby things

lauraloo24

Reaction score
Is anyone like me and seriously tempted to start buying baby stuff, even just pregnancy books & things like that??

As yet I havent as dont want to tempt fate, and also OH would go mad if he found out I was spending money on a baby that we're not TTC for another 2 years! But its so difficult when I see cute baby clothes etc, just imagine our future baby wearing them & want to buy them all!

I'm going to try to resist the temptation i think.... :blush:

I think buying books is a really good ideas, gives a bit of a head start and will help with the pre pregnancy care xx

Not suspicious but don't want to waste money if im not pregnant on clothes and stuff but I have bought a fertility book but tbh I don't understand it all !!!

LOL I've had a look in the TTC section on here and i don't understand a word!! TBH when we do start TTC we're prob just gonna have to BD all the flipping time as i wont know when the right time is!xx

Lauraloo, I started tracking my period online so that when the time finally comes I'll know my cycle really well. I use https://www.mymonthlycycles.com and it's great. It also has a fertility calendar that you can start to use when you are ttc, and it will tailor it to your cycle.

that sounds good, but can i do that whilst i'm on the pill? doubt it as i don't have "proper" periods. would prob have to wait till i'm off & body back to normal before i could start tracking?xx

LOL I've had a look in the TTC section on here and i don't understand a word!! TBH when we do start TTC we're prob just gonna have to BD all the flipping time as i wont know when the right time is!xx

Me tooo !!!! don't get all this cervical mucus stuff !!!!

Me tooo !!!! don't get all this cervical mucus stuff !!!!

I know!! It all sounds terribly gross!! I wonder if we know what we are letting ourselves in for...They say pregnancy and childbirth is a beautiful thing?? :rofl:

I would if I had some spare money but I think that is the one good thing about being skint. My OH's mum asked us if we wanted to choose our pram for our kids when we were staying with her once. We were pretty shocked seeing as we are 19 and 20 and everyone thinks it is a stupid idea but I had to resist going and choosing one!!!!!!!!

I'm trying not to think about childbirth if I'm honest lol

xxx

OK, have been ebaying shopping today and have bought three pregnancy/birth books, a baby DVD and a book of baby names.... Just have to hope OH doesnt open up my parcels when they arrive LOL!! will make good reading anyhoo.xxx

I get tempted all the time but manage to hold off.

Also on the other stuff- CM wise...it's really obvious when you get ewcm if you get it. Basically its all stringy and when you see it you get on with :sex: !!

Although if you just BD all the time can't really go wrong ;) xx

I get tempted. I saw a pram I wanted today and asked OH if I could buy it...He said no V.V :rofl: I wouldn't, but I do get tempted by baby clothes etc. :)

xxx

I got tempted... so I did. There is no problem in being prepared. What you buy now you don't have to buy later, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

I was bitten by the 'baby stuff' bug so my husband said if I saw something on sale, go ahead and get it. We won't be trying for a while, but it's still better than paying full price later.

Now I have a tub with little baby things in it and I no longer have to go around in circles mentally willing myself to stay away from baby sections and such.

well ozbutterfly i'm glad i'm not the only one!

today i did something very bad. i went into woolworths, as you know they are having a closing down sale, and they were practically giving baby clothes away... i fell in love with some newborn socks, and also ones saying i love mummy & daddy, plus a gift set with romper suit, hat, mittens etc. i bought them...:blush:

but i figure it cant hurt. it all came to under a fiver, and we'll be having babies one day so it not a waste... just need to hide them from the OH!!:rofl:
xx

There you go. :) If your OH says anything, appeal to his logical side and say that it's better than buying at full price later.

And none of this 'I did a bad thing' stuff - how can preparing for your future child's life be a bad thing? :)

I've been buying stuff even since my loss. Some deals are just too good to pass up!

I won't buy any baby stuff until we have set a date to start ttc, or until we start ttc. We have no idea when we will ttc, could be 2 years, could be 6!

I've been charting my temps, and observe CM since April 2007. I love charting, I use fertility friend. It tells me when I ovulate. I have irregular periods so it tells me when my period's coming :D

I also bought a ladycomp as a form of contraception, it's expensive, and you do have to do it properly, but I adore charting. I really love getting to know my body. It's amazing! And I know that when we do come to TTC, then I'll have a very good idea of my body and will have skipped past that learning bit hehe.

CM lesson:

Infertile you either have non, or it's sticky and gummy.

As you get closer to O it will get more egg whitey/watery/stretchy and more of it. If you don't have much, you could try adding evening primrose oil to your diet and that should help!

Link about CM or cervical fluid (slightly more pleasant way of saying it):
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/HelpCenter/FFBook/ff_fertility_signs.html

I haven't bought any actual baby stuff because I know OH would go mad if he found it. I am trying not to mention babies for as long as poss so if he came across a load of baby clothes I think that would sort of defeat the object!

However, I have started charting my cycle and I've ordered some ovulation tests and a thermometer off ebay so that by the time we're TTC I will know what to do and when to do it!

Pregnancy books are a good idea though, I wouldn't mind getting some but again they'd have to be well hidden.

Yeah, I think my bf would be scared and feel pressured. I don't want him to feel that way!

I'll probably start buying books when we move in together though, so I know the ins and outs :)

I cant see any harm in buying a few bits and bobs now. especially with all the offers that are on. (just wait til Jan - the sales will be BRILLIANT!!lol) good idea with Woolworths, never thought of there. My partners been really supportive about it and wants to come with me in the New Year to buy some books and things.

But like i said, i cant see any harm in it! :D

lou
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back