Baby Vinnie`s long awaited but fast arrival

boyzmum

Hat-trick of boys :)
Reaction score
My gorgeous little man finally arrived 8 days overdue on 03/01/11 at 00.44am weighing 8lb 5oz :)

I had previously arranged for the midwife to come out on the 2nd to try doing a sweep as by then not only was i a week overdue but absolutely full of cold & generally feeling really fed up. She got here at 5.30pm & on examining me was shocked i wasnt having any pains or contractions. My cervix was fully effaced & thinned & she could stretch me to 6cm plus my waters were bulging. It was agreed that i could stay at home (i wanted my roast :) ) aslong as i phoned the hospital when my contractions started or given my previous history phoned an ambulance if my waters broke.
Around 8pm i started to get a bit of backache, nothing to write home about by OH was worried so i agreed at 9pm to call the hospital. I explained what my midwife had wrote & told to go in. Got there at 9.30 only to be told by a different midwife i wasnt in labour, my cervix wasnt fully effaced & at maximum i was 4cm. How she could tell me totally different from the other midwife (who btw was the head one there) i dont know but her attitude was horrendous towards me & she basically told me i didnt know my own body & would still be the same in the morning so i said fine i will go home.
Got home at 10pm & sat chatting to OH & his mum for a while, it got to 11pm & i started having contractions although nothing to bad still so decided to have a bath & OH mum went home.
So got in the bath & things just went mad, it triggered the contractions from literally twinges to full on contractions lasting 1 min every 2-3 minutes. All i could think about was getting out the bath & ready again for the hospital. However on getting out a lot of blood literally fell from me & there were large clots aswell, i was also stuck naked leaning on the side of the bath the contractions were that close & intense so i shouted for OH & told him i wasnt going to make it out the bathroom let alone anywhere else, he called an ambulance & Ds1 run to get my friend who lives 2 doors down.
The ambulance men got here very quick & on discovering i was 41 weeks not 20 like the operator told them told me i had a choice, either get on a bed or get down the stairs to the stretcher as by this time i was wanting to push. Managed to get downstairs (by now OH had draped a gown over me) & we were on our way with them telling me to try not to push no matter how badly i wanted. Got to the hospital in less than 10 mins (its 20 from here) & was taken straight back to the room i was in earlier with the same midwife, apparently i refused point blank to talk or respond to her in anyway yet was fine with the assistant midwife :)
I was given gas & air then & told i could push if i wanted to, of course i changed my mind then & really didnt want to lol, i suddenly remembered exactly how painful it was going to get :) However my body had other ideas, so inbetween ignoring 1 midwife & telling the other the bed was to uncomfy with nowhere to put my heels my body was telling me to get down push.#
After 1hr 39mins my waters broke on their own accord & i knew then he would be there soon. The midwifes were trying to get me to slow down, at one point the pain was so intense i totally zoned out & actually thought id had him but it was just him crowning, his face come out on the next contraction fastly followed by the rest of him even though they got me to birth his shoulders slowly it was exactly 5 minutes from my waters breaking till he was fully out having his cord cut :)
My placenta was quite deeply imbedded though & the cord started coming away as she pulled on it, even with the injection it took 21 minutes & i had to push gently as she pulled. At the same time i was shaking like a leaf from the shock of it all happening so quick. OH was in tears as although it is his 5th child (our 2nd together) its actually the 1st birth he has ever been there for.
Little Vinnie gave us all a scare though as when he was placed on me although he had been fine he went blue, floppy & stopped breathing, i ended up shouting at the midwife as she wasnt listening to me at all, she was doing my notes instead while the other one cleaned up!! They tried rubbing him etc but he kept stopping breathing so had to put him on oxygen for a while. A 3rd midwife was there by that point to help out with him but he soon started getting his colour back & breathing fine although chesty.
Afterwards we were left alone for a while with a cup of coffee each so i gave him a bottle then got myself showered, it was then we discovered i had no bra, top or shoes to wear home :) I didnt even have my bag or phone. Anyway i told the midwife i wanted to get home asap as i get anxious in hospitals, Vinnie was given a clean bill of health & i just wanted to get home to my other 2 boys. She agreed i could go once she had written up my notes so at 4.45am a very proud OH carried his newborn son out to a waiting taxi :):)

We are all totally besotted with him & he is such a contented little baby, loves his bottles & has finally got used to sleeping somewhere other than mine or daddys arms :) Not really in any sort of routine yet but then again he is only 5 days old :)
Sorry its so long :)

Attachments

• 168942_10150109846355141_615180140_7817733_1843991_n.jpg
    168942_10150109846355141_615180140_7817733_1843991_n.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 20
That is a lovely birth story. Bloody MW telling you the wrong thing! Well done and congratulations on the birth of Vinnie. He looks adorable x

Congratulations hes adorable x

Congrats1 He is adorable x

leave it to medical professionals to treat you like your stupid the one time they shouldnt! glad all is well!

Congrats, he is gorgeous!!! You have made me laugh with not talking to the MW - that wold be the sort of thing I would do lol! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->