Baby wearing and cloth nappies after C-section?

bky

:(
Reaction score
Anyone have any tips? Problems you ran into? Anything?

I was planning on cloth nappying pretty much as soon as we got home. I wasn't planning on a c-section. Since I only found out I might have to have one less than a week ago I need to find out if there is anything I need to worry about.
I only have one large pack of newborn disposables for meconium and the first few days in hospital. Otherwise I have cloth wipes and nappies and a Moby wrap.
Is it realistic to think that after a c-section I'll be able to use these soon or will I have to wait a few more weeks? I guess I'm concerned about the laundry aspect, but also how anyone with a c-section who also cloth nappies felt?

I know there was a thread on baby wearing and c-sections a bit ago. I'll have to hunt it down...

I personally left the cloth nappies until leo was nearly 3 months. Realistically I would have been happy at about 8 weeks, but I wouldn't want to do too much after a csection. I did first time round and suffered for a long time because of it.

I carried Leo for very short periods of time in my Close carrier from about 3 weeks post c-section.

obv its different for everyone :hugs:

ETA i also have a 3 yr old to look after

I used cloth as soon as I got home after a c-section (3days) and although I had to get help with carrying the bucket down stairs, I could carefully put them in the machine and hang them out about a week after that with ease. It was only really the washing that made it a little more difficult as a full bucket is heavy! But then if you have a supportive oh, they could do that part for you? - Or what I did was take it down in small stages.

I started using my carrier about 6 weeks after, as I didn't feel ready before then

Do you have some one to help you with laundry and household chores after you get home?

We are planning on CDing after Charlie's wee-wee is healed up (DH's choice, not open for debate please) and after the meconium is all gone. I say about 10 days, I think.....

I have had 2 sections. The first an emergency and I used the baby bjorn 8 days after the section which was very uncomfortable but it is a terrible sling so I replaced it with a Kari-me and could use that for about 6 hours 16 days after a section.

With my second I was much more comfortable as it was an elective and I had the Kari-me straight away, I used it from 1 week as that was our first outing and it was great I managed to walk around in it for about 6 hours without any discomfort. It started to ache at the end of our trip but to be honest this was more to do with the sling pressing down on my tummy which pushed onto my scar rather than the sling and weight of Jasper.

As for cloth I tried it at 2 weeks with Poppy and gave up as it was just too much, DH had gone back to work and I didn't have any help. It actually put me of using cloth all together and I sold everything and never used it on her but I have just started using cloth on my second and he is now 16 weeks. I think I would have managed from about 8 week though.

Do you have some one to help you with laundry and household chores after you get home?

We are planning on CDing after Charlie's wee-wee is healed up (DH's choice, not open for debate please) and after the meconium is all gone. I say about 10 days, I think.....

OH will be home with us for 3 weeks. I had just hoped to get the hang of CD before having him help with the work of it as he's more likely to become frustrated. And if I can demonstrate how easy it is...
I don't anticipate problems with him changing CD, but washing them might be another story. He's a grab a piece of tupperware to eat cereal out of rather than washing a bowl kind of guy. Oh well, we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->