Baby wearing during day: sleep in cot at night?

LoveCakes

Reaction score
My LO is 2 weeks old and loves to sleep on my chest. She will sleep in her cot too as long as she is deep enough asleep to set her down.

I'd like to babywear to get stuff done during the day if she won't settle and as I need to keep her upright after feeds as she gets a bit sick but what is everyone's experience of your LO expecting to be cuddled at night?

Mine never even entertained the thought of sleeping in her cot, even before I started babywearing. Still in my bed to this day and sleeps cuddled up to me. Has never napped alone, either. I think it's just personality.

I think it depends on the baby - but it seems like a lot of babies innately have a different approach to daytime or nighttime sleep...Certainly mine does although now she sleeps in her crib either in the day or at night....I guess if you want her to sleep in the crib at night then start as you mean to go on....I knew co-sleeping wasn't for us so I only did it in the first few weeks when breastfeeding a lot and knowing she needed additional cuddles. After that - it was the crib every time, it took a while of consistently putting her in / taking her out if crying / putting her back in etc....Now we don't have any issues putting her in at night and napping wherever else during the day . hth!

We had to battle with my dd but I was far too nervous to co sleep and i probably won't with my next one. I wore my dd a lot to get things done and I don't think it affected her ability to sleep in her crib but as pp said at first it was lots if feeding her to sleep, putting her down, her waking up, feeding her to sleep Etc but we got there!
I think the babywearing possibly gives them so much lovely cuddly closeness and happy hormones that they can manage to sleep without you touching them at night. Just a theory ;)

Just reporting back. I hired a hop tai from a sling library and love it. She loves sleeping on my chest so it helps me get things done.

She'll still sleep in her cot at night, I just have to get her properly asleep in my arms first.she naps better during the day in the sling but I think this is because she doesn't sleep quite as deeply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->