Baby wearing - I'm obviously doing something wrong!

Lu28

Aisling's mammy
Reaction score
:hi: Hi ladies. I keep thinking about doing more baby wearing although Aisling does tend to be in her baby carrier for walks with the dogs, going around the shops etc. I was doing a craft fair on Friday which Aisling came along to and she was in her Mothercare baby carrier for most of the day. Not only was it a pain to take on and off with all the clips and velcro but my shoulders are murdering me still 2 days later!

She's not particularly heavy for a 7 month old, just over 14lb. Am I just a weakling or do a need a different sling?

Thanks! :flower:

you definitely need a new sling, thats not meant to happen at all, i can carry leyla all day and not be in pain when i take her off, although i will be knackered cos shes heavy :lol:

x

Yeah something like a mei tai or a connecta is good for babies this age, connectas are good for getting on and off quickly, they are just a mei tai with buckles. Have a look in the babywearing thread to see some sling pics! :hugs:

i totally agree hun, you shouldnt be in pain at all!!!

i had a prolapsed disk and really really bad SPD when i was preggers and have a generally knackered back and i can wear daisy for hours and not be in any pain at all!!! :hugs:

Yeah I had bad SPD too, and my current slings don't hurt me at all. I had a Bjorn which used to kill my shoulders and back, but soon got a different one!!

Thanks ladies. Is £50 about average for a connecta if that'd be the best one for me? Trying to see where I can get something a bit cheaper as money is tight! I looked on sling meet but it doesn't seem particularly active in my area.

Yeah I think £50 is fine, I would love one but there is no way I can afford one before xmas, and I refuse to sell the others I have! :lol:

Are you crafty at all? You can make mei tais without too much trouble if you have any sewing experience. A lot less money that way... plus they look how you want! :mrgreen:

My LO is 21 lbs and doesn't hurt my back a bit when in my mei tai. SUCH a relief as he was staring to hurt my back when I had longer carries in my ring sling.

ive made a mei tai and a stretchy wrap and a woven wrap so if you need any help at all let me know :D

x

Thanks ladies :thumbup: I've just bought a second hand one for £25, can't wait for it to arrive! :happydance: I do have a sewing machine but I get halfway through reading the instructions on the internet and I can feel my brain leaking out of my ears! :blush: It's not making any sense at the moment and I'm hoping it will once mine arrives...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->