Baby-Wearing Suggestions for a Warm Climate

StarlitHome

Tropigoth Mama to Two
Reaction score
Hi girls! :hi:

So, some explanation. I really, really want to baby-wear when my daughter is born. I had the HUGE privilege of helping my mom with my siblings and got to baby-wear one of my brothers when he was small - I loved it.

I love the look of Moby wraps, Mei Tais, ring slings, woven wraps...

The thing is, I live in Hawaii. It's WARM here, year-round. My original plan was to get a Moby wrap for when my LO is small, and then a Mei Tai for when she is bigger. However my reading on here and in other places has suggested that a Moby wrap may just be waaaay too warm for us!

Girls, if you could help me out - think of the warmest summers you've experienced while baby-wearing and give me suggestions! I haven't bought anything yet and I'd rather not spend too much, we're a single-income family. A friend suggested this sling but it's a bit spendy. I've also found this kind on Ebay.

Any suggestions? Thanks so much in advance! :flower:

A solarveil mei tai or a gauze woven wrap maybe? Several brands do solarveil carriers but you might have to look for second hand or order a custom.

these are a bit pricey but when i asked the same question in the "let's see you babywear" thread, i was suggested to try this one:
https://www.wrapsodybaby.com/shop/breeze.htm

thin woven wrap would be better than moby as more breathable (plus lasts longer as holds heavier babies better)

or can use a meitai from newborn, esp with a sleephood for extra handsfree support (i used mei tai with emily from newborn and although not the best its cooler than a wrap and is dooable), plus from approx 3-4 months they can hold head so a meitai would be no issue then :thumbup:

So, I've found this water sling and I'm thinking of getting it. And then a Mei Tai, and possibly a woven wrap - we'll see :)

So, I've found this water sling and I'm thinking of getting it. And then a Mei Tai, and possibly a woven wrap - we'll see :)

Thanks for other suggestions :) I'd only just started looking and that was the first one I came across. I really fancy the mesh - at least for out and about on hot days and loving that there are less pricey options. Especially since it seems that it's best to get several different ones.

Thanks for other suggestions :) I'd only just started looking and that was the first one I came across. I really fancy the mesh - at least for out and about on hot days and loving that there are less pricey options. Especially since it seems that it's best to get several different ones.

Yep, I've also found a few woven wraps on Etsy that I like. :thumbup: So now I'm thinking, one mesh wrap + one woven wrap + one Mei Tai.
:happydance:

I have that taylormade solarveil sling and while it's nice for showering or swimming it is NOT nice for walks or housework. It could be I don't get on with ring slings (as that's the only one I have), but as my baby got bigger it was a bit shoulder diggy. I actually found a simple pocket sling (like a hotsling or similar) a nice enough option for warmer weather.

I'd recommend a mei tai or other SSC (like Connecta or Rose and Rebellion, Ergo etc) for warmer weather. I have a Moby as well and it was great in winter for my newborn, but I was way too hot once Spring and Summer came.

I live in Saudi, where it is hot all year round and at the moment near the fifties! I wear a Mai Tei and it seems ok in the heat, it's 100% cotton and comfy to wear. Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->