Baby weight at 28 weeks growth scan ?

Hollie West

Reaction score
Hi,

Just had my 28 week growth scan.

Baby weighing in at 2lb 6oz,

I can’t for the life of me read the charts so does anyone know if this is average or large or?

Thank you

I think that sounds about right hun! At my 26 week scan my baby apparently weighed 2lb 9oz lol, but my first baby was 9lb 6oz born on his due date. So they are expecting this one to be a whopper too haha!

Awww how cute!
Mine were 7lb 8 & 8lb born so I’m expecting this baby to be larger than those as I doubt they get smaller haha.

I just don’t remember their weights at 28 weeks I think my daughter was 2lb 5 though.

Xx

My baby was 2lb 2oz at 26+1 and 4lb at 30+1 but been told growth scans are not accurate at all and can be 1 or 2lb out either way.

Just had a scan today at 28+5weeks and baby is 2lb 8oz (has to convert that because in my country we use kilogram).
The doctor said thats a good weight.So no worries for you either..

Growth scan can be completely inaccurate. My sister in law just delivered a beautiful and healthy baby boy this Tuesday and he weighed 6.10lb. Her scan the day before showed him weighing 7.9lb. So it isn't completely accurate. I assume some machines are better than others, but doctor won't truly know for sure until they weigh the baby on a scale when he or she is born :) I would say you're baby is growing at a good pace!

DS was 4lb 3oz at 30 weeks ! He was born at 40+6 weighing 8lb9oz

Sonographer told us they allow 20% either side of the predicated weight

DS was 4lb 3oz at 30 weeks ! He was born at 40+6 weighing 8lb9oz

Sonographer told us they allow 20% either side of the predicated weight

This is so reassuring thank you. At 30 weeks I was told baby was already 4lbs and I did freek out a bit.
I have my next growth scan on wednesday no dought he will be weighing something ridiculous like 7lbs already lol.
I only gro 7 to 8lb babies at full term (40 weeks)
But being induced early this time because of cholestasis.
Ure growth scan was so wrong hon because ure baby wasnt a giant just a normol avatage healthy size. This has really reassured me now. Thank you so much for sharing.
I keep being told the scans are not accurate at all.

Sorry major typo in my previous post late night! He was born at 9lb8oz ! Still not massive but he defiantly didn’t look his weight and there was some confusion over his initial birth weight bet they didn’t weigh him correctly ! He looked the same as the girls and they were 8lb .

I’m sure your bubs will be fine those scans like you say can be well off ! Hope your feeling more relaxed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->