Baby weight - where am I going wrong?!

I wanted to lose a stone in 3 months before my wedding 2.5 years ago.
What I did isnt healthy or recommended, but it worked. I call it the 'heartbreak diet', cos it's how I would eat if I felt heartbroken, and that's the only time I could think of when Id actually lost weight without really trying.
Basically I ate nothing but fruit, veg or yoghurt during the day (plus tea/coffee/water), and then a reasonably light meal (e.g. scrambled eggs on toast with mushroom, or jacket potato with prawn mayo) around 5pm. I still drank alcohol too, about the same as you (maybe a bit more ;)).
In 3 months I dropped from 10 stone 4 to 9 stone (Im 5'6''), and actually found it quite easy after the first couple of days.
Like I say, its not healthy - in fact it's like a variation of the Slimfast diet really. But it worked for me....
HTH :) xx

I'm 15 months on, and so far I've lost 13kg. I still have 12 kg left to lose and it's getting me down aswell.:hugs:

I had an eating disorder when I was younger, and one of the most important things that helped me feel better about myself was knowing that weight is not the most important thing in life. There are plenty of fat people who are happy, and plenty of thin people who are unhappy. What you weigh/how you look does not define you as a person and certainly shouldn't be considered when you're defining your identity.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with the last few pounds stuck on like glue!!

I'm not keen on doing anything too 'radical', as I work full time and I have to keep my energy up. I'm up at 6, left for work at 7.30, work solidly until I leave school at 4 ish, have tea at 4.30 before DH goes to work, then it's tea bath bed with LO, and then work again at home from about 7pm (should be working now!) until 9/9.30, when I shower and go to bed! Exhausting!

I like the idea of skipping though if my hips were feeling ok, and will check out the you tube videos for the squads. Portion sizes could be looked at too... Hmmm, lots to think about. But at least I'm not alone!!

Hey we have the same routine! I'm a teacher too :)

Hi,

It was the same with me. I was a size 8 before LO was born and i only put on about 2 stone during pregnancy (mainly due to people turning up to my house with cakes in the last few months - grrrr!!).

I am stuck on losing 5/6 pounds to get back to my pre=preg size and am determined to do it. I am doing the Jillian Michales 30 day shred - its only 20 mins of exercise and i can fit that in most days. Determined to get back to my normal size before going back to work in July as really dont want to buy new clothes!!

Ive just about managed to shift my baby weight.. main changes i made was to stop eating bread, cook with fry light spray instead of oils, snack on fruit (never eat as smoothies as the sugars are digested differently and become nayght - according to slimming world anyway)

Stopping adding cheese on top of everything (spag bols etc) Using sweetner instead of sugar...

I would reccomend going to a slimming class, mine has a lot of mums in it in a similar situation which really helps the old will power and i've met some lovely friends!

Hope this helps xxx

Ive just about managed to shift my baby weight.. main changes i made was to stop eating bread, cook with fry light spray instead of oils, snack on fruit (never eat as smoothies as the sugars are digested differently and become nayght - according to slimming world anyway)

Stopping adding cheese on top of everything (spag bols etc) Using sweetner instead of sugar...

I would reccomend going to a slimming class, mine has a lot of mums in it in a similar situation which really helps the old will power and i've met some lovely friends!

Hope this helps xxx

I looooove cheese... :blush: The bread thing does seem to be a common piece of advice. I have wholemeal for my sandwich, but maybe I could think of something else to have for lunch instead...

Zumba classes are suppose to be good but I have never been to one so cant comment... dancing is a fun way to lose weight.

The only way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you consume. If you want to know that what you are doing is working but not too fast, the best way to do it is to count calories. Otherwise its just a shot in the dark. Weight watchers is a good alternative to this as they figure more than calories into it.

Be careful just adding exercise; the body is very good at tricking you into giving it more calories when you burn more. Thats why knowing the actual figures are a big help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->