Baby Weight

suffolksazzle

Reaction score
Hey ladies, maybe a silly question but how/when do you find out the weight of your LO at say 28 weeks for example? Can the mw tell without a scan or can you only find out via a scan? I've heard some of you say how much your bub weighs and I was just interested on how you found out!

Thanks x

We had a private growth scan at 32 weeks. If we hadn't, we wouldn't have known as you don't routinely find out in the uk x

mines was at a 28 week scan. we gave growth scans every 2 weeks due to me being on heart medication which is suppose to increases chances of a small baby. mine was estimated at 2lb 14oz at 28 weeks so no worries of a small baby just yet lol. xx

They estimate by scan but it not always accurate. They can be out by a couple of pounds either way.

Thanks ladies, guess there is no way of me finding out until d-day now then!

I have growth scans every 4 weeks due to previous iugr baby. The scan is only a rough estimate though.

ive been told at 4D scans, they said my boy was around 2lb 2oz at 24+5 though so I hope they are wrong lol as everyone elses babies seem to weigh a lot less at that point.. ive got another booked for next sat ill be 29+5, hope hes not still weighing loads bigger lol x

I had a growth scan at 36 weeks due to measuring bigger..I always thought they could estimate by feel but before when i asked my doctor how much he thought she weighed he just pulled out this stupid paper and gave me the "average". But even the scans are off...ive never met anyone that was told the babies weight and it actually come out to be accurate..They say my daughter will be about 8lbs which i believe she'll be big because i put on 40lbs but idk we'll find out soon.

i had a growth scan yesterday because of 2 episodes of reduced movement. 28+4 and shes weighing 2lb 14oz.
It says it on the little forms they put in your green book aftee the scan with all the measurements on :)

i had a growth scan yesterday because of 2 episodes of reduced movement. 28+4 and shes weighing 2lb 14oz.
It says it on the little forms they put in your green book aftee the scan with all the measurements on :)

im glad your babies weight was estimated same as mine. everyone else seems a little lower. its made me relax reading your post. x

Yeah ive read most peoples being like 2lb 2ish.

so now.. im wondering if im baking a monster baby haha

I had a growth scan last time, they were over a lb out :rofl: which I was relieved about!

Unless baby keeps measuring big I won't be having another scan this time so its a case of wait and see :rofl:

Yeah ive read most peoples being like 2lb 2ish.

so now.. im wondering if im baking a monster baby haha

same here everyone keeps scaring me lol. at the private 4d scan we had the day after the nhs growth one they estimated the exact same weight and the tech said "well his ahead we usually see 3lb at 30weeks" im a bit nervous about a big baby lol although I've heard they're easier to push out lol. x

I just had my growth scan today at 28+6 and my twins are estimating at 3lb 2 for my girl and my boy 3lb 5ozs this sounds massive to me..... not that im complaining even as an estimate they have stayed consistently 3ozs apart throughout! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->