Baby wraps / slings

I agree with using a Moby at the beginning or a ring sling then switching to a ergo. You never know your 2.5 year old may want to be worn at some point. The ergo will be good for both:) you want to make sure what ever you pick is easy on your body and your baby's body. Watch for legs up in a m shape and not dangling / pressure on baby's hips.

Hi george83 I'm pleased you've found it useful. These ladies have been brilliant. I've emailed my nearest library so I can go and test some out. Too excited. :)

Thanks again for everyone's replies.

Xxx

Yay! So glad that you have found your nearest sling library, the ladies that run them are super helpful and knowledgeable, so they should get you sorted. I have to say that I'm loving using my ring sling with my 6 day old squish at the moment, not used one with a newborn before.

If you want to wear a newborn and possibly your 2.5 year old in the same carrier at times, a boba is a great choice. The Boba 4g has a high back for toddlers, and comes with an infant insert- no extra purchase. I love mine for a toddler. A stretchy wrap is the easiest way to go for a newborn though!

Hi ladies I'm jumping in for some advice if that's ok!

I've already got a moby wrap but I got it a bit late with my little boy and never really used it. I want to use it for my next baby but concerned about the heat aspect. It's a black moby wrap and LO is due mid July. Obviously, what with living in the uk, the heat may not be an issue! However, if we do have nice weather, is a black moby likely to be too hot for a newborn?

I found my stretchy hot in the summer with my July baby. It was THICK fabric and dark red. It was usually ok as long as we stayed out of direct sun, etc. When it was too hot, I used a homemade gauze wrap to carry him, which was very breathable. It cost me about 8$ to make.

I have a Moby wrap with Delilah. It was good for when she was a newborn but as she got bigger not do much. Now I have a Didymos wrap and a Natibaby. They are both woven wraps which are good for both babies and toddlers. There are a ton of Facebook groups out there. If you have any questions just let me know.

I found my stretchy hot in the summer with my July baby. It was THICK fabric and dark red. It was usually ok as long as we stayed out of direct sun, etc. When it was too hot, I used a homemade gauze wrap to carry him, which was very breathable. It cost me about 8$ to make.

Think ill look into dong this then....or maybe getting my mum to do it! Don't think I'd be any good at it!

For the summer heat, use a light woven wrap (like a girasol diamond weave) or a gauze wrap. I have to say, I am loving using a woven wrap with my newborn! It's sooo easy to put him in and adjust him lower to nurse -- and it knocks him right out. :D

I've been looking at maya wrap, boba wrap and moby wrap. On the maya wrap website it says that "bigger breasted ladies may need to sit down while breastfeeding" which defeats the point for me. I'm a 38E during pregnancy. Which warps can a bigger breasted lady breastfeed in while standing up?

I've been looking at maya wrap, boba wrap and moby wrap. On the maya wrap website it says that "bigger breasted ladies may need to sit down while breastfeeding" which defeats the point for me. I'm a 38E during pregnancy. Which warps can a bigger breasted lady breastfeed in while standing up?

I'm a 38DD or so while breastfeeding, and I find it easier to breastfeed in a wrap compared to a SSC. I can just lower it and adjust it to my boobs and it's harder to do that in my Tula.

I'm a 38DD or so while breastfeeding, and I find it easier to breastfeed in a wrap compared to a SSC. I can just lower it and adjust it to my boobs and it's harder to do that in my Tula.

Do you think either of those wraps would suit the purpose of breastfeeding? What's a SSC?

Do you think either of those wraps would suit the purpose of breastfeeding? What's a SSC?

The maya wrap looks like a ring sling, and I think those are easy enough to breastfeed in with large breasts, but I'd try one out first. The boba wrap and Moby are both stretchy wraps so they're going to essentially be the same. I do think a woven wrap is easier to adjust for breastfeeding, but visit a local sling library if you can before buying. :)

I could breastfeed easily in my Boba, which is a soft structured carrier/SSC. It does take practice to nurse in any carrier though, especially if you are very large breasted(I am).

Ladies, I had to share my great achievement of today - went to our pre school nearly new sale and got a Close carrier for £2 and an Ergo for £10! Know the mums who sold these so know they are both genuine. I'm so chuffed - what a find!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->