Baby :)

J

jenmc226

Mallory Roberta. Nov 29 at 9:52am via scheduled C-section ay 39wks. 6lbs 10oz. 20 1/4" long.

The doctor offered to position a mirror above me so I could see the baby when it came out. I had him position it well enough so that I could pretty much see right inside the incision. It was really neat! (and weird/gross). It felt like I was watching a birthing show on TLC because I couldn't feel anything they were doing and there was a sheet up so I couldn't see my body directly - only via the mirror. I wasn't too happy about all the bubbly looking fat material I saw, yuck. The doc seriously put his arm in my belly up to his elbow. He was feeling around and stretching the skin and stuff. That was just freaky. They broke my amniotic sac and had a big suction hose thing to suck out the reddish fluid. It was such a huge gush of fluid that it poured out of the incision. I got to see Mallory get pulled out and then they pulled out the placenta. They just tugged on the umbilical cord and scooped it out. Totally cool!

It was so great watching them pull out Mallory. I knew I was having a baby but it didn't really hit me until I saw her head poking out of my belly. It was like "holy crap! there really was a baby in there!".

We chose not to find out the baby's gender. We had no preference and just wanted to be suprised. I was starting to regret our decision as we had to work twice as hard picking out names for a boy and a girl. And we put off buying certain baby items and decorating the nursery. But when the doctor pulled her out and showed her to me and announced "it's a girl" it was so amazing. It's indescribable. That moment was so precious that I know we'll make the same choice if we have another baby.

They had her wiped off and wrapped up and in my husband's arms within a couple of minutes of her coming out. Seeing my big man of a husband holding this precious bundle and the expression on his face was priceless. You could just see this little girl stealing his heart right then and there. He was in awe.

Life is good :)

aw congrats hun, your birth sounds like it was amazing, i hope your recovering well x

Congratulations, glad you are both doing well xx

congratulations...

:hugs:

(lol im crying! remembering that moment being handed your baby :cloud9: life really is good!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->