"Baby's getting some bite just like you!"

TigerLady

CaveTiger Clan Mama
Reaction score
DH and I took the kids to the zoo for the first time last weekend. One of the very first animals we visted were the black and white colobus monkeys:

https://images.travelpod.com/users/ricduncombe/1.1292065171.black-and-white-colobus-monkeys.jpg

High on a climbing structure Mom Colubus had her youngster sitting next to her while they munched on some morning snacks. The youngster was about a year old, which would be about 3-4 in human equivalent.

All of the sudden, youngster snuggled up to Mom and started nursing. My kids were fascinated. I said to them, "Look! Baby's getting some bite just like you!" (My kids call nursing "bite" lol.)

DK, who still nurses, watched in awe.

Otter, who weaned a few months ago kept gushing about it, "Look, Mama! Baby gets bite! I used to get bite. Baby gets bite like I used to!" I asked him if he thought the baby liked bite and he said, "Yes! Bite is yummy! Baby monkey likes bite."

I loved how they could see their own reflection in the behavior of the monkeys. Especially as the Mom was nursing an "older" child.

Just wanted to share. :flower:

Oh that's lovely,whenever we go to this adventure farm near us I love seeing the animals feed their young,especially the goats as every time I've seen them the babies are chasing the mum for milk she stops let's them feed pushes them away and runs again whilst being chased. This is sometimes how I feel with Zack

Oh that's lovely,whenever we go to this adventure farm near us I love seeing the animals feed their young,especially the goats as every time I've seen them the babies are chasing the mum for milk she stops let's them feed pushes them away and runs again whilst being chased. This is sometimes how I feel with Zack

:rofl:

I hear you!

This is why I say Otter weaned naturally instead of self weaned. I acted just like any other mammal in the animal kingdom -- he wasn't allowed full access to my boob whenever he wanted for however he wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->