Baby's hb question x

Holly82

Mummy to 10
Reaction score
I haven't used my Doppler for a few weeks as I've been feeling baby move a lot more, but yesterday morning I used it and noticed that baby's heart beat was skipping a beat or something, it didn't sound quite right :/ anyhow I checked again before bed, thinking maybe it was my Doppler or just poor sound quality and I got baby's heart beat clear as day, but the skipped beat was still there, if anything it sounded more frequent!

This morning I rang the antenatal day unit up for advice and the mw said that it can be quite common and not to worry, but to arrange to see my mw, so she can confirm what I was hearing, although not see her as urgency. The mw on the phone also went to check with a consultant and even he said not to worry. I can't help but wonder why it has started going like this? I had my 20wk scan last week and they said the hb was fine.

Anyone else had this? Can't help but be worried xx

Don't worry. It's common. I had it at 17-18 weeks all week, was at the er for unrelated issues and they listened and could hear it. By ob appt the next week it was gone and I had a fetal echo for increased NT and heart was fine no skipped beats. It's likely to resolve on its own.

Thank you xxx

I googled it yesterday and I read the same. I'm hoping that's the case, just never had in my previous pregnancies so it was really bothering me. Thanks for the reassurance xxx

It freaked me out at first!! But then I remembered my hubs sisters baby had it and I spoke with her and she had seen the cardio and they told her not to worry it would resolve. Listen in a few days and see if still there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->