Baby's Head is Down and 'Super Low' at 32 weeks

Dragon_Chaser

Reaction score
I had a growth scan yesterday (32 weeks, 4 days) and it went well- baby is head down(Has been since 23 weeks), measuring a week+ ahead like most of the pregnancy, healthy heart/organs, etc. But he did frustrate and shock the tech a little. First he decided he was going to mimic an armadillo and curl his body into a ball- his head still in the downward placement, so she had to work to measure the bones she needed ETC. The scan took a very long time and mommy had to switch up positions a lot because of this.
It even took her about 30 minutes to get a proper measurement of his head- because it was 'super low' I mean she kept pressing on my pubic bone low and asking me how far along I was again. We didn't get a proper look at his face even- because along with being head down he was spine up and not moving an inch no matter what we did.... of course 5 minutes after the appointment ended he started throwing a riot in me, but that's besides the point.

My question is- for mommies who may have some experiance with this- does it sound like my little minion is getting ready to make his way out early? The way the tech talked I got the feeling she didn't think I'd go to term with his placement, and all of my SO's coworkers pretty much said he was going to come early after hearing about our appointment (He works at the hospital so word get's out quick) I'm already coming to the end of this pregnancy next month (And scared as hell), and I've got the feeling I don't have as much time as my husband would like to think left before we deliver, especially after the visit.

I've gotten used to experiencing a lot pressure down there this past week at least once a day, and I've been dealing with Braxton Hicks at least that often, for the past 2 weeks. I'd kinda like some opinions and stories here please.

Unfortunately there are no definite signs that you could go early, all depends if LO is ready to greet the world. My lo has been head down since around 20 odd weeks also, and I am 38 weeks pregnant. And she is measuring a week + in her head and 2 weeks+ with her legs. My oh is very tall as am I☺ I am hoping she will make her move soon as I can't contain my excitement any longer!

Mine was the same at my 34 week growth scan but she popped up and then back in - although this is my second and they do tend to pop in and out!

Baby will come when its ready hun - with my first she was engaged by 35 weeks and she was 2 weeks overdue!

My boy (one of twins thou so that was why I went early, not because of him being engaged) Was like that on my 28 weeks scan, MW after the scan checked and said he was fully engaged already so no clue when he first began to engage. They both went head down at some point between 14+5 and 18 weeks scans. Delivered at 34 weeks.

Im a ftm and babes been head down since 20 weeks and fully engaged since 28.. My edd is tomorrow and theres no signs yet of baby coming lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->