• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby's here at last!!!

bev309

Reaction score
Just popped on to say that I had my baby son on Thursday 01 May - was due to go in for induction that day, but he had other ideas! Woke up with contractions at 7.00 am coming roughly 10 mins apart - went in shower to get ready as hospital appointment was for 9.00am & by the time I had got out of shower, my contractions were c oming about 3 mins apart! Called hospital who said that the ward was full at the moment, but go to my appointment as planned & they would assess me from there. Called my dad to pick us up to go to hospital a bit sooner as was having about 1 min between contractions by this time, just about managed to get dressed, so off we went to hospital - had constant contractions all the way - traffic DIDN'T help - & broke my flip flop so ended being wheeled into the hospital on wheelchair shoeless!:blush:
They assessed me immediately & they didn't even mention how far dilated I was as they rushed me straight to the birth centre on the same floor, where I had 3 puffs of gas & air which made me feel ill so I gave up on that. Got onto bed on my knees with my head over the back of the bed which was upright as this was most comfortable for me. I felt a sudden urge to push & my waters broke like niagara falls with a great whoosh!:blush:
A couple of pushes later (with grunting which amused hubby no end) DS was born at 9.42 am weighing 8lb 12oz!!! (and they said he would be small so there u go!)
Had a small tear which they didn't need to stitch & NO pain relief, & was out of hospital by 4.30 pm:happydance:
Will post some pics when I find my USB cable for my camera!

Wow, congratulations! At least you made it into the hospital, my Mum ended up having me in the carpark :dohh:

That was quick and glad everything went so well. Congratulations and welcome baby Jack. xx

WOW, wish I could give birth like that, huge congrats to you xx

Congratulations on your baby boy!! cant wait to see some picturess xx

WOW glad you had a good experience! Congratulations :)

Gosh,I wish I would have a smooth birth like that!!! Congratulations.

aww congrats u make it sound so easy xxxx

Congratulations! Can't wait to see pics!

Congratulations...that was a very quick delivery, well done.

Bravo Bev, well done!!! What a nice quick birth! I am really looking forward to seeing photos!!!

Yay CONGRATULATIONS - Coz is right, you make it sound so easy :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->