Babys injections,are you having them done?

I did get her immunised as to be honest, I am a teacher and have seen kids who didn't have jabs get measles and they came into contact with me when I was pg - I felt angry at the parents for not getting the jab as now I was at risk because of that choice.

you can still catch the illness even if you've had the immunisation, it just means you're likely to fight it off quicker...thats my understanding anyway...? plus, i don't know your age, but i'm 27 and my parents gave me the vaccines as a baby which included measles and such like so i'd imagine you had them too if you're a similar age so you and baby would have been protected anyway...?

I'm 34 and there was no MMR vaccination when I was a child. When I was about 13 all of the girls in the school got the rubella vaccination but I have never been vaccination against measles or mumps and I've never had them either. So I would have been at risk if I had come into contact with them when I was pregnant.

ETA I will be getting my LO fully immunized, the benefits by far outweigh the risks for me.

I didn't even think twice about getting Sam immunised. As others have said, I think the benefits far outweigh the risks.

OP, I think this is a decision that can only be made after you have a good chat about it with your doctor or with your health visitor. They will tell you what the risks are, and what the benefits are. Certainly relying on advice from your mum or ladies here won't give you the full picture and may well end up confusing you more. Ask the doctor questions about what might happen with your baby and how dangerous they are, how effective they are etc etc. Find out how dangerous the diseases can be for children. Then make your own decision.

I think the question that was asked by Lindypops is the best one. If there were to be an outbreak in your area and your child was at imminent risk, would you be at the front of the queue for a vaccine?

Personally I have had Abby vaccinated. IMO The risks are so minimal versus the benefits of protecting her against some potentially life threatening or life altering diseases. Millions of children have had these vaccinations with no ill effects and these childhood diseases could be eradicated if a high number of people vaccinated their children. MMR doesn't cause autism. The ingredients are safe for children. They have been well researched and tested.

I'm 34 and there was no MMR vaccination when I was a child. When I was about 13 all of the girls in the school got the rubella vaccination but I have never been vaccination against measles or mumps and I've never had them either. So I would have been at risk if I had come into contact with them when I was pregnant.
I'm a little older than you but we got the MMR booster jab when we were teenagers. However, there were single vaccines for mumps and measles when we were babies which I did get, then the rubella jab when we were 11/12. Did you not have those?

I think you can only make the decision based upon the information available at the time. There is a lot of scaremongering on the internet, and there often seems to be a vague feeling that the government/NHS is witholding information or trying to mislead people. I believe that when it comes to health, there is no reason to believe that the NHS is not advising on the best course of action based on current information, and that they have some smart people preparing the advice!
It may well be that 10 years down the line new research emerges and advice changes but then I will know that I did the best I could based upon the advice available.
I am not suggesting that you blindly accept everything that you are told, but my starting point is that the advice is correct and I would need some strong information to the contrary to deviate from standard practice, ie following the recommended immunisation program.
In relation to the MMR scare, I had access to some expert reports in one of the potential group action legal cases - I did not see anything in those reports that gave even the slightest bit of credibility to the MMR autism link.

I want to delay some of them until he's about to go to school, and a few I'll be passing up entirely.

I think the reason y we dont get these diseases is because we immunise against them, for the sake of society we need to continue to get immunised or these diseases will come bk. I however do not look down at other ppl for deciding not to have these jabs done as each to there own. My lo had his done on tue and cried for abit but is ok now! x

I will be getting all vacinations for my baby (but not swine flu I don't think). :thumbup:

It does seem from reading the replies in this post and previous posts about vacinations that less people vacinate in the USA than they do in the UK. Not sure why this is can anyone enlighten me? :shrug:

xx

I think it is a personal choice for everyone but I will be geting Bobby done.

I had them all when I was a baby and they didnt cause me any problems and I also think the risks are a lot less severe then actually getting any of the illnesses. Just my opinion though xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->