Baby's odd movements at 17 weeks - anyone else?

Mum2BKW

Reaction score
This is my second baby. I haven't felt baby kick yet but for a few weeks have felt it squirming and wriggling on occasion.

Over the last week I've been feeling pressure in different places, depending on where baby is lying.

But last night I woke up to a rock hard lump in my tummy, just above my belly button and slightly right. Just like baby's head was pressing there. It seemed too high for 17 weeks though, I didn't think baby got that high up for a few weeks yet? And today I've felt baby pressing into my side halfway between my ribs and my belly button, like baby's trying to push its way out sideways!

Has anyone else felt this sort of movement this early in second tri?

All of that sounds very normal to me. :) Your baby's.. hmm... about 5.5-6" which is plenty small enough to roll and flip and turn into any positions, so you'll feel little wiggles if your baby is faced outward/back-to-back or sideways and big kicks if your baby is faced toward you. My babies do all sorts of strange movements in pregnancy, and at some points, it definitely feels like they're just trying to find a way out of there. Not yet, darling. Of course, then mine are born after their due dates and I'm wondering what made them change their minds about wanting to come out. :)

I thought my kiddo was doing yoga stretches this morning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->