Babywearing at age 6 months - too late?

colsy

Mummy to 2 li'l pudd'ns
Reaction score
When LO was newborn, I used a Close Baby sling, which was OK but I never really got to grips with it. Then I used a front-facing Baby Bjorn Active, probably never for more than about half an hour, say for doing housework or hanging the washing or something. He's now 6 months and weighs lots (close on 20lbs I think) and I never use a sling now. But really I'd really love to use a sling/carrier from time to time still, just to keep us close. Has anybody on here started using a sling at this age or weight and can recommend one that won't hurt by back/shoulders/neck? Or is it really a case of once they reach this size and age, it's easier to use a baby backpack?

I should mention that I'm quite small and short, so his feet need to be out the way otherwise I catch them when I bend forwards.

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

You'll be fine with him in a sling - he's still little enough. For that age/size you would want either a mei tai type or a woven wrap. Have a browse in the sling/carrier review thread stickied at the top.

Might be worth seeing if you have a sling meet near you. I go to one in Manchester and they have a sling libray you can borrow from to try different ones and the people there are really helpful.

OK I cant get the slingmeet website to load but if you google sling meet you might find one near you. Or try the natural mamas website for more advice and local groups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->