Babywearing in a snowsuit?!

Lu28

Aisling's mammy
Reaction score
Baby in the snowsuit, not me! :lol:

I had Aisling out for the first time in our mei tai and it didn't seem to work at all well when she had her snowsuit on. It was great in the house earlier today but the back of it barely reached her neck and it was as if there wasn't enough of a gap between her legs for all the material. Was I doing something wrong or do mei tais and snowsuits just not mix?

Thanks. I'm meeting some friends for lunch tomorrow and I want it to look right so I can show off! :blush:

Hm, I am trying to think what you mean! It should be fine, shouldn't make any difference what she is wearing....I have had Freya in her snowsuit fine in the mei tai. Is it a very padded one?

id def put her in a snowsuit because the mei tais dont really cover the baby properly, maybe if you put her in a coat and some babylegs under her trousers instead it might be less bulky?

x

It is quite a padded suit. I'm not sure how to describe it, it was as though the body of the mei tai was half the length it used to be so didn't come up anywhere near as high, almost like I couldn't get her far enough into it.... I can see me tomorrow morning in the living room for an hour with the poor child in her snowsuit roasting away just so I can get it right! :lol:

You hadn't got the bottom rolled had you? I don't think you did in your pics, just have it so that the fancy pattern side is outwards not inwards. I think you had it like that anyway though. It might just take a lot of good jumping to get her down more?! I jump a lot when putting Freya in, it makes her laugh and means she is right down in it!

I wear Elliot under my coat now it's cold, he has a cardigan on then my coat stretches around him and we both keep really warm that way :) He wears a hat if I can get one on him or I'll use my scarf to keep his head warm / shield him from the wind.

There are babywearing coats that you can buy but they tend to be a bit pricey. With your sewing skills there's no reason why you can't convert an old coat though :D

From what I've heard from others snow suits are great for back carries over your coat x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->