Babywearing in hot weather

Mary Jo

Mummy to Adam and Joel
Reaction score
What do you dress LO in? Any tips for keeping them cool?

I have to go out a lot this week and it would really suit me not to take the pushchair (I can be out and back quicker by train vs bus and can't take pushchair on the train route I am planning because of steps and massive platform gaps at stations). But if Adam would be too hot in the Connecta I won't and we'll have to suffer several long bus journeys.

Not sure what to do...

i thought about this today i think River would be sweater and more uncomfortable in a pushchair. We went out today an River was just in a nappy and a hat with lots of suncream as the mei tai covered her back anway

If you have to use a pushchair in hot weather the best way to stop them sweating is a lambskin liner!!!

As for carrier, hmm well its only just got hot so I haven't tried it out - but I have a linen ring sling that seems to be quite a cool material, so I guess teamed with a vest and hat she would be ok.
I know for sure she got hot in the Baby Bjorn front carrier..I used that In france last summer and she got really sticky

i would just dress him in light cotton, in this heat it's hot whatever you do, cotton wil prevent him from sticking to you and will soak up any sweat. Poshchairs are generally synthetic materials so slings are cooler for your LO. I wore Ethan on the hot days we had last year, i had a dream carrier and kinderpack which are both SSCs and got the knack of wearing him a little looser in it. If you're on the train you can easily poo him out for a breather x

you can easily poo him out for a breather x

:haha: Hehe sorry, couldn't resist!

I've taken Leyla on the tube a bit recently and it's not been too bad. I dressed her in light trousers and a t-shirt but it's even hotter now so I'd skip the trousers. What did help was when we were sitting down on the train, I loosened the mei tai off slightly so she could lean away from me to get some air. I also took a bottle of frozen water (didn't stay frozen for long) so we could both have a sip if we got too hot. Beware though - baby drinking from an adult's water bottle makes it quite likely you'll get ice water down your top!!!

I was BW all yesterday and have taken him out in the Moby a few times, he had on a T shirt and a nappy. Yesterday he started out in a vest and short leg cotton dungarees but I took the dungarees off. he was absolutely fine in the Moby with his arms out, he did get hot and sweaty in his carseat though :(

I was BW all yesterday and have taken him out in the Moby a few times, he had on a T shirt and a nappy. Yesterday he started out in a vest and short leg cotton dungarees but I took the dungarees off. he was absolutely fine in the Moby with his arms out, he did get hot and sweaty in his carseat though :(

Izzy does too, its horrible when you get them out and their little backs are all wet

I am going to order this tomorrow (pay day!) , or something similar
https://www.pushchairs.co.uk/acatalog/carseat_fleece.html#a528
I wouldn't have thought it but I suppose my sheep stay coolish even with their wool on and the horses don't sweat loads with the lambskin numnahs!

I kind of wish I didn't have to go out, but that's silly. Thanks for the suggestions. :) Am going to put him in just a nappy and a cotton shirt today, because it's looser than a vest. But I'll take a vest with me and if I have to change him while we're out I will. He has a sunhat.

If I think he's too hot today I might reconsider for the rest of the week, but fx the weather cools down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->