Bachelorette party and trying to keep a secret

yourstruly10

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I hope this is ok to post here. If not I understand. My fiance and are are hoping to become pregnant in the next few months and if it works out that way I will be pregnant for my bachelorette party. Only problem is we don't want to tell anyone until 12 weeks and I'd only be 12 weeks by our wedding day if it happened this month.
Anyone have any tips or tricks to hide the fact that I can't drink? Most of my friends party hard wheb they get a chance and will question me if I just flat out refuse to but I obviously won't touch alcohol if I'm pregnant.

Thanks in advance :)

You could always go with the classic "on antibiotics for a UTI, can't drink" if you wanted.
Or you could tell the bartender secretly that you can't have any alcohol and to please make your's without alcohol. Usually they're pretty accommodating and will make you virgin drinks and "shots" of water secretly.
Or you could just say that you and hubby are doing p90 or something else where you can't have any alcohol. Good luck TTC!

When I was in a similar boat, I told people I was on a medication for a back injury and couldn't drink. Nobody questioned it, but the downside was that I had to pretend I had a back injury for a little while. I didn't think that one through very well.

You could always say you have antibiotics for bacterial vaginitis, because metronidazole tablets are commonly prescribed for it. It's probably used for some other infections, too. If you take metronidazole, you can't have even a drop of alcohol, because it gives you an antabus reaction. That would be a good reason for being totally sober at your party!

Lol thanks ladies for being so kind and your awesome replies :)

Tip the bartender and tell them you're hiding a pregnancy. Ask that whatever you order (even if it's sprite) be put in the same type glass they serve alcoholic drinks.
The antibiotic excuse is kinda cliché and they'll probably figure that out.

Good luck if someone buys you a drink though lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->