Back ache

EmmaFTM

Reaction score
Anyone else have a dull back ache? Mine started last night and kept me up, as well as a mix of nausea and sickness. 😔
I googled it and got mixed answers so spent most of the night worrying.

Anyone else got this dull ache or explain what it might be?

I'm 4+6 weeks

I had backache throughout my first trimester in this pregnancy. It was lower back pain, sort of radiating out, and at times it was really bad. Thankfully it's finally eased off but I never got definitive answers as to why it hurt so much. Try taking paracetamol (it's safe, I have to have it every few days, sometimes every day, for one thing or another) and a hot water bottle with some cold added might help, as well as lying down. If you get really concerned or it gets really painful, go to a&e and they'll send you to the epu.

I get lower back aches a lot when pregnant. I usually only get them if I really over do it or if I am not drinking enough water. I agree with the hot water bottle. Just put it behind your back for a bit and it will help. Also, drink plenty of water. If you get tired of plain water (I do) try a sparkling water or if you have one a soda stream without adding flavoring works great too.

I've been getting nagging back aches too! I honestly suspect it has to do with 1. bigger bbs (already up almost two cup sizes), and 2. Not sleeping well at night. I've found that adding in lumbar support anytime I have to sit helps a lot - I threw a lumbar pillow on my chair at work and upped the lumbar support in my seat in the car. Also, taking a hot shower and letting the water hit my back. Hope that helps!

Thanks all! The ache is manageable in the day but as soon as I sit/lay down it's a real pain. I'm reassured it's nothing sinister as no cramps or anything. Hope it subsides as it really bothered me last night.

I drink at least 2 litres of water a day but I am running around after two little ones so suppose it might have been me overdoing it. Will make sure to get hot water bottle- great advice, thanks all. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->