Back at work & it sucks!

DarlingMe

Reaction score
First off, US maternity leave sucks, but that is another issue entirely! I hate being away from him! I feel like I am rushing to get him packed up, fed, changed & ready, then when I get home, fed, changed, & ready for bed; then I have to prep for the next day. I am only part time but I hate not being able to enjoy my LO! I love to nap with him in bed but we really don't have a safe co-sleeping bed so he sleeps in the side basinette. I miss my time with him and just want to cuddle with him and wake him up to play. I never thought I would be that crazy attached mom! Just had to vent. How does everyone else handle returning to work?

I can totally understand what you're going through. I am NOT looking forward to returning to work. I've taken more time off work (unpaid leave), but I'm dreading going back in a few months. In fact, I'm not sure how I'll cope as I hated my job before I went on maternity leave. I'm going to miss out on so much and I'm worried my LO will forget me. :(

:hugs: I know how you feel hun I startedd back at work last week and I'm hating leaving LO :cry: I'm only doing 2 and a half days and my mum and MIL are looking after LO but I'm a bit of a control freak and panic that they won't look after LO as well as me or know what he wants. He was really happy every time I got home though so I'm trying to be positive and tell myself its good for him to have time with his granny and nana and its making me really appreciate every second I have with him. I just keep looking forward to getting paid and thinking of all the little pressies I can buy LO

I must be alone on this then :winkwink: I work 3 days a week and I love it! I like having a break from the 3 hourly feeds and the feeling of being chained to the sofa. Don't get me wrong, I love spending the other 4 days of the week with LO but I really feel like I need those days at work too, just to break up my week and keep me sane. Plus it gives her chance to get to know daddy and nana better, I'm sure she gets bored of hanging out with me all day every day :winkwink:

I don't get the whole break thing, sorry! I know a lot of women say they need it, but I don't. We hardly stay home either. We go to my parents, shopping, or the library. I don't feel stuck at home at all. I might feel different with more than one to handle but works well for us. And the 3 hour feedings don't matter b/c I still pump at work, which I also hate! Chrysanthemum I am jealous you adjusted so well!

I don't know, maybe it makes a difference because I love my work and its my own business but thankfully its working out well for all of us. Maybe it'll just take you a bit of time to get back into the swing of it. :thumbup:

I am going back in four weeks too and dreading it. My job is really stressful and takes up so much time and energy that I would rather devote to my kids. To me, work is not a break, it is draining and to be honest I resent the fact that I have to spend any time at all away from my kids. I feel like I am missing out; soon enough they will be older and they won't need me as much but for now I want to be there for them all the time. Sadly though it all comes down to money, we could never afford for me not to work.

I've been back full time for a week and a half, and though it's going fine I'd rather be at home. I miss my daughter and I miss being a lady who lunches! I had exactly 6 months of maternity leave starting at 38 weeks and since she was a week late I ended up going back when she wad just over 5 months. I'd have loved longer off, but the way it worked with my training it was pretty much impossible. I'm really lucky in that my mother in law is doing all the childcare at the moment, and she's being great at cuddling for all naps etc. Work's fine and expressing's going really well- I haven't even had to dip into my freezer stash of EBM yet! My first 12 hour shift is tomorrow, and I'm really dreading it. However, I get Wednesday off to make up for it!

Next time I'm definitely taking longer off as luckily by then I'll be able to take it without too much impact on my training.

Good luck today, hope it goes well!

I am dreading it. Had to talk to manager a week ago about my return to work and ughhhhhh....I thought I would be excited but no. I think I will do my 2 months return and then hand my notice in!

I am dreading it. Had to talk to manager a week ago about my return to work and ughhhhhh....I thought I would be excited but no. I think I will do my 2 months return and then hand my notice in!

I wish we could afford too. He biggest problem would be insurance. We could scrape together for monthly bills but we would no extra money.

My job is very stressful also. I am a nurse so no downtime there! I am not happy with the company I am at either but it just is not a good time to look for a new job right now. Atleast I know LO is safe with OH or my parents.

I am also a nurse on a Neurosurgical ward. Just don't fancy going back, too much politics and bitchiness within the block and since being on maternity leave my ward has been changed and all staff dispersed so I am going back to a day case neuro unit (yawn) with the dullest of staff.

week two and i cried like a baby this morning...I discovered i don't get paid until the 1st next month and i have no clue how i'll pay the sitter or have gas money for work... I miss her so much :cry:

I enjoy being able to sit and enjoy a meal but she's all i talk and think about. :shrug: I even brought one of her blankets to work and i'm sniffing it :haha: it's worked wonders for my let down while expressing.

I am also a nurse on a Neurosurgical ward. Just don't fancy going back, too much politics and bitchiness within the block and since being on maternity leave my ward has been changed and all staff dispersed so I am going back to a day case neuro unit (yawn) with the dullest of staff.

Funny you say that! All our staff left our unit too! I only knew a handful of people when I came back. Alot of new grad nurses too. Should make for a fun night when I am the only one who knows policy & am the only "seasoned" nurse with just 2 years experience... I hope you enjoy the new unit. Maybe the change will be good.

My day will consist of completing assessment booklets, taking blood and talking to relatives. Not my idea of nursing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->