Hi sweetie I am so sorry :( It’s incredibly painful no matter how the pregnancy began, planned or not. I don’t know exactly what to expect except I will say I was shocked during my miscarriage how much the grief absolutely pummeled me. Hugs hugs hugs.

Big :hugs:
While it certainly doesn't look promising with lack of growth I would still wait another week and have another scan before making any decisions. Certainly far more often than not in this situation things don't end well, but there are enough miracle stories out there that before 8/9 weeks I would still have some hope.

I always remind myself that early scans before 12 weeks are still quite new to the world of obstetrics and there are are mysteries that the medical world cant explain - in every field of medicine.
There's a website I think called misdiagnosed miscarriage full of stories of similar circumstances that ended well. I truly believe that some babies take longer to develop in the early weeks before their heart starts beating (once the heart starts beating though it's a very different story when it stops) and don't fit the expected growth pattern - and that very likely could explain why some pregnancies extend well beyond 42 weeks as well (or why babies who are induced before 42 weeks, since babies are very rarely allowed to gestate that long anymore) don't have characteristics of being overdue once born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->