Back Carriers

jojo2605

Mom to Sam & Dylan
Reaction score
Hi ladies, this is actually the first time I have ventured in here I think, I don't really do a lot of 'natural parenting' things, BFing didn't work out for us, could only manage to express for 6 weeks, my LO doesn't like to co-sleep lol and I use disposable nappies. But what I have always done is babywear as much as I can. As LO is getting bigger however, I do use the pushchair a lot more.

We are going on holiday (yippee) in a few weeks though and are going to be going on a few trips and I would really like to be able to carry him rather than lug a pushchair everwhere! We are also thinking of taking Sam to a festival in August before his big operation (are we mad?!?) and the back carrier would come in really useful then too!

So I'll get to my question! Has anyone got any good recommendations for a good back carrier that is comfortable for relatively long periods of time. I appreciate that no carrier would be able to be worn all day, but betwen the two of us we can take it in turns, but we obviously don't want to be doing this every half an hour!

Your input would be greatly appreciated thank you!!!!!! :flower:

The Patapum is supposed to be good for back carries. Think bigmamaslings has a few in atm.

I just use my mei tai for back carries and it seems to work great :D

The Patapum is supposed to be good for back carries. Think bigmamaslings has a few in atm.

Oh excellent thank you very much, I have just had a look at these and they seem ideal. Nice and simple design and not a lot of bulk at all with them! THank you so much!

I just use my mei tai for back carries and it seems to work great :D

Thanks for this Lu28, can you tell me, how do you find carrying your daughter in the mei tai at her age? Has it started to pull or anything? Have you noticed you can't wear for as long, etc? I LOVE the look of the mei tais but they were out of my price range when I was first looking, I opted for a moby and a baby bjorn in the end. If the mei tai was good for longer durations of wear I would consider one now as I like to front carry my LO sometimes still too! PLus it would get use if and when I have another!

I've found it to be really comfortable, no problems. I managed to pick mine up for cheap off ebay :D

I've found it to be really comfortable, no problems. I managed to pick mine up for cheap off ebay :D

Thank you! It's given me something to think about, I now don't know which one to choose out of the mei tai or the patapum! eeek! hehe

Hahah i knew you were going to say that! But damn it I was thinking it too! I'm watching a couple of items on ebay now, so at the right price I may acutally get both! I can feel a sling obsession coming on lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->