Back from first elective scan

lovenoel

Reaction score
Well, I went ahead and had an elective scan this morning. I'm having mixed emotions - I'm very happy and excited that I saw the heartbeat again (I was feeling very anxious) but feeling guilty for having an unnecessary scan at the same time! I suppose there is always something to worry about. My husband and I have agreed that we will only do what the doctor recommends and only have scans in his office from here on out. The ladies at the place we went to were nice, but I left wondering "was that really good for the little guy?" especially since it's so early on (9 weeks today).

Heartbeat was 178 bpm and it looked much more like a little fetus than a blob. I feel good knowing that our little facehugger is still alive in there, but again, mixed emotions about the unnecessary scan that was really only for my sake!

Attachments

• BABY_9 a.jpg
    BABY_9 a.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 17
aw it's great everything went well! I had a scan at 9 weeks due to bleeding but everything was great, s/he's little arm and leg buds were wriggling around. it's great you've seen a heartbeat still at 9 weeks, my tech told me the chances of anything bad happening after that are really low. congrats on your little one :hugs:

Cute scan. I personally wouldn't worry about having a scan. People going through ivf have loads! Honestly just enjoy that you saw little one

Nice scan :)

If anything were able to happen to baby because of a scan, there'd be a lot more safety warnings about everyday life in the first tri. Don't worry.

Scans make you feel better, so I don't blame you having it done.

Lovely scan, look at your little baby so cute!

I've now had 7 scans and am only 12 weeks tomorrow! The fertility clinic scanned me early, then the maternity dept then I had 3 emergency ones due to bleeding, my booking one and a follow up with the consultant. The consultant assured me ultrasound scans are completely safe. Just enjoy your pic of your LO :)

I'm so glad you went! Baby is adorable, same age as mine in my avatar pic, but we didn't get any profile views. Glad baby is A OK!! :)

that is so cute congratulations I can't wait to have mine done

Hi, congratulations!
Don't worry at all about scans, if anything they reassure you and make you worry less which can't be a bad thing, can it?!
So far I've had 4 and I'm 11weeks 4days. If I could I'd have a scan every couple of days I would!
With my first pregnancy I didn't have a scan till my 12week scan and found we had a mmc. If I had of gone earlier we would have known. With our other 2 pregnancies I've always worried sick and had extra scans. Plus, with our last pregnancy we had the help of ivf so had scans every week or so!
Good luck,
Kate x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"