Back from hospital - not good news :-(((

Is your bump measuring big? Is that the reason for the growth scans? Hope you manage to get something sorted hun xx

Aww hun thats crap. :hugs: dont forget that these estimates are wel known to be WAAAAAY out sometimes. I know that doesnt really help you right now. Maybe next week you need to start trying to evict her yourself??

x

Is your bump measuring big? Is that the reason for the growth scans? Hope you manage to get something sorted hun xx

Bump has been measuring big all along. Last time they measured was 2 weeks ago, and it was 45cm! I just hope there's alot of water and placenta etc, but you can kinda feel that bubs is a bit of a chunk. I guess I just have to hope that he/she gets so fed up with being cramped up that he/she decides to make an early appearance. Next week would be nice please! lol
x

Attachments

• 35 week bump front.JPG
    35 week bump front.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 9
  • 35 week bump side.JPG
    35 week bump side.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 12
Aww hun I know how frustrated you must be.......Hopefully as you've said, as the room runs out lets hope babs decides enough is enough and pops out anyway!!! xx

Sounds terrible that they would let you just keep getting that big hon, not sure about accuracy of growth scans, but get a second opinion if you are worried, i would xxx you shouldn't be scared at this stage its surely not good for you or baby xxx:hugs:

:hugs: So sorry to hear that they are not taking your concerns seriously hun. I think the other ladies have given good advice - heres hoping the scans are a couple of lbs out and baba is just about finished up putting on weight. You might go into labout next week! who knows?? Didn't you think your dates might be out anyway? x

Thanks so much girls for all your support. It really helps :hug:
I guess I'm just anxious as this is my 1st baby and so don't know what to expect, and I just feel like the docs are being really flippant about it all. No body has really spoken to me properly about the risks, or my options, and I think that's what making me anxious.
Feeling a little more positive today though, and am just focusing on the fact that me and bubs are both healthy, which is the main thing.
And yes, fingers crossed, and toes, legs, arms, eyes etc all crossed that bubs decides to come early for Mummy.
xx

Big :hug:

Hope the estimate is wrong hun and according to my MW babies don't grow much bigger in the last couple of weeks :hugs:

xx

Well i am a little surprised they are happy to let you go to 40weeks with such a big baby. I know all hospitals are different but iv known two people who were induced at 37weeks because of a big baby. I defo would not be happy with that decision and would moan and complain all i could untill i got what i wanted! Maybe speak with your midwife and tell them you are unhappy and see what she can do x

Im surprised they are letting you go so long too...

Like samsmum said... lots of sex! Lots of walking too, walking will use gravity to help get the baby headed in the right direction...

Good luck!

Tbh i have never taken any notice of growth scans, i had 1 at 37 wks and the said Taylor weighed 8lb 4, she was born exactly 3 wks later and she weighed 8lb 4.5oz.

Mollie was 9lb 14oz but she was 13 days late.

Baby is clearly on the large side and they shudnt let you go past your EDD as babies can put on anything up to a lb a wk after u go past ur EDD.

I hope your LO puts in an appearance soon.

:hug:

V x x x

oh hun, I'm so sorry that must be so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope baby decides to make an appearance soon x x

:hugs: I would def ask for a second opinion hun. I was told at 35 weeks that my daughter was close to 8lbs. My doc said that if I went until my due date she would be well over 10lbs, and she scared the crap out of me!! So I thought it over for a week and begged for an induction once I was 37wk. She said no, they wont do anything until at least 39 weeks since your due date can be off, and if they were to do it at 37 weeks, you could end up being early. I was as you ladies over the pond say, "gutted"! All I could think about was delivering a HUGE baby. Then at my 38wk appointment, she did an internal and said I wasn't dilated at all. She knew that I was completely against a c-section, but convinced me that my baby was going to be well over 10lbs, and that there was no possible way I could deliver her. She said even with an induction at 39wks I couldnt deliver her naturally. She told me all of these risks to my daughter (shoulder dystocia, bone fractures, severe tears for me. And she basically convinced me that I HAD to have a c-section. So I scheduled one for 39+2. My daughter weighed 8lb10oz when she was born, so she was kinda big, but STILL 2LBS LESS than the doc said she would be! I was so depressed that I didn't trust my body to do what it was made to do, I know in my heart that I could have delivered my daughter.

I know its hard to think about right now, and I know my situation is different that yours, but I would def just get a second opinion. It seems like doctors are so quick to push c-sections, my hospital has a 50% C-SECTION RATE! That is outrageous to me! Every other person I know who went to my OB had a c-section. Maybe you can find someone who might induce you closer to full term? I just would def get another opinion. I regret my c-section so much, and hope and pray that the next time I get pregnant, I can have a successful VBAC.

Good luck, and sorry for writing a book! :hugs:

God docters can be so stupid sometimes. Its all right for them they dont have to go through the pain of carrying such a big baby. I really feel for you hunni. Hope baby comes soon naturally :hugs:. if not then i would make a complaint hunni the way they ar treating you is disgraceful
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->