Back from the recurrent miscarriage clinic.

Tasha

4kids+2angels+16mc
Reaction score
I am sooooo tired, didn't sleep last night because of things whizzing round in my mind. The Professor who asked that I see him personally was lovely if a little abrupt, he made it quite clear that he thinks even with our plan of action there will be more losses :cry:

Any way he thinks that the clotting disorder is only partly to blame for this and that it is actually something with the womb/womb lining and also that my placenta's may not be forming properly. He said the recurrent miscarriages and the premature rupture of membranes are pretty obvious, standard stuff for this sort of problem.

So our plan of action is to take Cyclogest (Progesterone) pessaries from the moment we get a positive pregnancy test (I got them today) which I have twice a day. Then an immediate call to the recurrent miscarriage clinic and to be seen ASAP for a scan to make sure baby is in the right place so I can begin heparin (a daily blood thinning injection) right away.

The bit that scares me the most as soon as we have a heart beat I need to have a stitch put in place, he hopes that this will stop a miscarriage and PPROM but he did say that I need to go into this with my eyes wide open and know even with all of this I am very high risk now for losses in all trimesters :( The stitch really scares me, I don't know what to expect at all.

What a lot to take in! It's good that they are looking after you.

:hugs: darling. I am glad you got an answer and know whats going on. Praying for you.

That really is a lot of things to take in and think about if u can cope with all that and a poss further loss... personally if it was me and i had 3 children i would not want to put myself through all that trauma but if u feel strong enough u are braver than me and i wish u all the best with the journey ahead xxx

Great news you have some answers and a plan of action... at least you have the information and can make your decisions.

Take everything one step at a time, don't try and deal with everything at once - it is too much x

Wow - that's a lot to absorb all at once.

I'd like to suggest a book to you:
https://www.amazon.com/Full-Term-Mothers-Triumph-Miscarriage/dp/0425215873/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1273107988&sr=8-1

It's the personal narrative about a woman who had pretty much the same problems as you, down to the injections you mentioned and a stitch for an incompetent cervix. She went through a lot of struggles and was very high risk, but in the end she had a beautiful baby boy. She also has a lot of good resources in the back for people with issues like hers. It might prepare you for some of the possible challenges, plus show that things can turn out all right no matter what! (Also - it's always comforting to hear that another woman has gone through what you're dealing with...)

:hugs:

Thank you so much for your replies.

Ten thank you for showing me the book, I have just ordered a copy. You are right about the comfort thing, so thank you.

:hugs: More than welcome. I stumbled upon it at a yard sale - so I'm glad my accidental find can help. :)

(It's a fast read. I got through it in an afternoon.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->