Back here after scan at 10+4weeks

MissingBubs

Reaction score
Went for scheduled scan today at nearly 11 weeks and there was no baby in the sac :cry:
I think I had prepared myself for this after a natural mc in Feb this year, I knew not to get my hopes up. The hospital have said they won't run tests to establish what keeps going wrong unless I have a third mc. :nope:
So I've got three options. Wait to see if the pregnancy leaves my body naturally, take a few tablets at the hospital, or have an ERPC. I think I will wait until Monday to see if my body will do the right thing fo once and save any intervention, but the longer I wait, the more at risk of infection I am.
So ladies, my question to you is which option did you take and what were your experiences? Any advice is more than welcome.
Sorry that you are all here and we have to meet in these circumstances. :hugs:

So sorry!!! I am going through the SAME thing right now. I called my OB this morning to make an appointment for the D&C. I have been through both a d&c before and a natural mc and honestly, although I recovered quicker from the natural mc, I emotionally recovered better from the D&C so I am choosing this again. the natural mc for me was AWEFUL and I just don't ever want to go through that again. We may or may not try again, but because this is my 4th loss, they are going to recommend DH and I go through genetic testing. Maybe I will find something, but with my luck (which is NO luck), they will find nothing wrong and then I will just have to figure out if I am willing to go through this again. :-(

So sorry you are going through this :cry: Like Lady said- the D&C seems to be an easier physical choice- you are knocked out during the procedure and the cramping and bleeding afterwards are usually not too bad. I know this isn't everyone's choice, but after everything I have read about ladies that go through it naturally, I am glad I chose the D&C. I just would not have been emotionally strong enough to go through it. But it is a personal decision. :hugs: to you.....it does get somewhat better over time.

I am so sorry to hear about you loss:hugs:

It is a very personal choice which route you take. I chose to have a D&C. My baby had passed away a week before I found out and my body hadn't done anything yet, I thought how much longer do I have to wait? How long will I walk around with my child inside of me waiting. If I had a D&C it was controlled, I knew when it was going to happen. If I did it naturally, where would I be? What would I be doing? Would I be able to handle knowing what was happening??? Just ask yourself all these questions and see what you feel most comfortable with. My thoughts are with you:hugs:

(((((((((()))))))) so sorry for your loss
I had a mmc, found out at 13wks but baby had stopped growng at 6,had a d/c booked but had a natural m/c, when it happened again i had a d/c straight away-for me it was much easier to cope with
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"