Back in hospital - again!!!

new mummy h

First little princess!!!!
Reaction score
Saw midwife yesterday - my BP was right up 160/100! so i got sent to maternity triage - again - put on monitor - and all 3 series of BP's taken was around 130/80 LOL!!!!:wacko:

so i got sent home after an hour, honestly they must think im doing it on purpose!!

they cant see anything wrong with me - and everytime i get sent in for high blood pressure its fine again in hospital

glad it was down otherwise theyd have kept me in for xmas!! :nope:

xx

Jeez babe...

Thankfully it was within range when you went to the hosp

i know what you mean by them thinking your doin it on purpose
iv been up 3 times with Reduced FM and EVERYTIME i go up
he goes mental on CTG.. so last week when i was up i mentioned
even before the ctg that i was embarrased cus he acts like a different
baby when im up there :blush:

Hope your bp stays down now for you xx

lol its crazy isnt it - stressing us out for nothing lol!

suppose its better to get checked out tho :D

cant even see my MW next week as shes fully booked and cant get hold of her to arrange a home visit - if i dont see her next week shes off on annual leave til 27th Jan!
do you think the hospital would check my BP for me if i cant get hold of her??
xx

Oh god yeah they'd have too..
all you'll have to do is explain the circumstances
you shud be due a antenatal app/checkup anyhow
so the hosp shud do it no problem for you

over here in some of the pharmacies
we can walk in and get BP checked while preg if concerned
and of there cause for worry or its reading high ,we jus pop upto
hosp then...

but hosp shud take you NO PROBLEM :thumbup:
xxx

ahh thats good then!! i called docs and they said she was fully booked, so managed to get through and shes given me a time to go in next wednesday lol! :wacko: at least ill get to see her again b4 she leaves !xx

Glad your bp went down and you've been able to come home again.

Even if your mw if booked up, your GP or a nurse practitioner at the surgery should be able to check it. Otherwise, if you have a walk-in centre nearby, they'll do it (a colleague of mine was about 34 weeks pg, felt rough with headaches etc and was seen in the walk-in centre immediately).

I hope the bp stays down and behaves itself over Christmas!

Oh no what a nightmare! I think you have a mischevious little baby growing in there! :haha: Hope it all stays okay over the holidays! :hugs: xxx

lol its crazy isnt it - stressing us out for nothing lol!

suppose its better to get checked out tho :D

cant even see my MW next week as shes fully booked and cant get hold of her to arrange a home visit - if i dont see her next week shes off on annual leave til 27th Jan!
do you think the hospital would check my BP for me if i cant get hold of her??
xx

jump up and down - same happned to me last week for BP and my gp midwife was fully booked till 15th Jan and I need weekly checks. Call hospital and demand someone do it (BE MOORREEE DEMANDING - LOL)

sooo glad all is well my lovely pesky BP xxxxx

ahh thats good then!! i called docs and they said she was fully booked, so managed to get through and shes given me a time to go in next wednesday lol! :wacko: at least ill get to see her again b4 she leaves !xx

oop sorry should have read all the thread lol - glad you got an appointment xx

Just a thought but ...i assume your midwife knows to use the correct cuff size for your arms? Sounds simple but apparently if they use the wrong cuff it measures the bp too high giving a false result. Ive become a bit of a bp expert as im now on meds and keep having to get checked every 2 days. Its a really common issue apparently and may explain why your ok as soon as you get to hospital. Mine, unfortunatley often goes the other way! I measure high at the midwife and then it goes thru the roof on sight of the hospital doors! :dohh:xx

maybe u have that whitecoat syndrome thing were when u go to the midwife u subconciously think about it and it goes up!! its crazy but it does happen! have u thought about getting a home device? :) then u can know for sure if ur blood pressure is actually up when ur duing normal things!! poor u hope things get sorted! <3 xxx

Glad you're ok and got an appointment. They'll probably tell you to see GP at 38 weeks and hopefully you won't need any more appointments after that cos your baby will come on time (unlike mine :( )
My mw was full yesterday so she arranged for me to go to a different clinic in the same area today, not ideal as it was a nightmare to park (and 8 miles away so no other option but to drive) but at least I got checked.

Oh dear :hugs2: Glad you're ok and I really hope it stays down for you. Take care. xx

Sorry to hear you had another worrying time in hospital but glad all was well in the end :)

I've got high BP too, as long as they are keeping a close eye on it you will be fine :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->