Back in the 'Game'

fauxcaloid

Reaction score
Hello, everyone.

It's been quite a while since I've posted here. I thought I'd do a general re-introduction and update.

Back in 2013 I saw the doctor for the first time about fertility problems after a few years of off and on NTNP/TTC. I was tested for PCOS, and wasn't diagnosed, but was put on Levothyroxine for hypothyroidism. I was having crazy cycles with spotting every single day and every few months very heavy clotting. In April 2014 I had surgery to remove a large ovarian cyst and have my tubes dye-tested. I was also put on Metformin to regulate my cycles. My tubes where fine and the cyst was removed. Had pretty regular cycles in May and June of 2014, but then had a skip in July. My last cycle was August 2014. Due to the nature of Metformin's side-effects I stopped taking it in about November, and still have yet to have had a cycle, and no pregnancy.

Yesterday was my first appointment back after not having a cycle since August 2014. I have a new GP so things are slow moving right now. I'm back on Levothyroxine (it had expired) and Metformin, and now she is having me follow a diabetic diet (although I'm not diabetic). She believes I may have PCOS and that such a diet will help with it's symptoms.

Sooo yeah, waiting for my labs from yesterday to come back and then we will schedule an appointment for 3 months from now after having taken the Levothyroxine and Metformin for a while to see what happens.

This waiting period sucks and I wanted to groan about it to you ladies. <3 *Throws confetti for the pity party*

Hello, everyone.

It's been quite a while since I've posted here. I thought I'd do a general re-introduction and update.

Back in 2013 I saw the doctor for the first time about fertility problems after a few years of off and on NTNP/TTC. I was tested for PCOS, and wasn't diagnosed, but was put on Levothyroxine for hypothyroidism. I was having crazy cycles with spotting every single day and every few months very heavy clotting. In April 2014 I had surgery to remove a large ovarian cyst and have my tubes dye-tested. I was also put on Metformin to regulate my cycles. My tubes where fine and the cyst was removed. Had pretty regular cycles in May and June of 2014, but then had a skip in July. My last cycle was August 2014. Due to the nature of Metformin's side-effects I stopped taking it in about November, and still have yet to have had a cycle, and no pregnancy.

Yesterday was my first appointment back after not having a cycle since August 2014. I have a new GP so things are slow moving right now. I'm back on Levothyroxine (it had expired) and Metformin, and now she is having me follow a diabetic diet (although I'm not diabetic). She believes I may have PCOS and that such a diet will help with it's symptoms.

Sooo yeah, waiting for my labs from yesterday to come back and then we will schedule an appointment for 3 months from now after having taken the Levothyroxine and Metformin for a while to see what happens.

This waiting period sucks and I wanted to groan about it to you ladies. <3 *Throws confetti for the pity party*

I am so sorry you are having a rough time! You deserve a pity party with extra confetti!! ;) Hoping the medicine works for you this time, and the wait until your next appt, flies by!

Sorry that your going through a tough time, every time i go back to the doctors I get a new one so have to keep explaining myself

Fx the waiting period will be over soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->