Back Injury 3 Weeks Post-partum?

OnyxSnowfall

2 boys and a girl!
Reaction score
I ended up in an unwanted wrestling type encounter and my back was hurt as a result. It's been a little over a week and I still can't move well without debilitating back pain (initially it was in my neck and left shoulder area, sometimes shooting down my spine and back but now it's just in my mid and lower back). Mostly I think it was owed to the other person's weight being applied on top of me while I was trying to get away (and the area being vulnerable from the toll of pregnancy and childbirth).

I guess I just want some reassurance that I'll regain my former pain-free mobility lol... it's hard taking care of a newborn and two boys when I can't bend over well etc.

I don't have money for a chiropractor or really any type of physical therapy. I've been walking, stretching, applying cold and then heat (after getting the swelling down) and trying to keep my nutrition healthy.

Anyone fully recover from something like this? :cry:

I probably shouldn't say- lol. I still have achs/pains from injuries and/or issues from when I was younger and pregnancy just made them worse as it's hard on our bodies and took a long time after LO was born to get much better... but they are kept in check (mostly) with care and acupuncture, chiropractor, massage etc...

Sorry you are even in this position. Pain sucks! Especially when your a Mom and don't have the luxury of just laying around and resting/healing.

If you can get any help soon, I'd recommend... I know it's tough though cause of the expense. I didn't get help for a long time (when I needed it) and I'm sure it didn't help my situation. I have tentonitis though in both shoulder, hip injury and bad knees... geesh I sound like a wreck! lol.

Hope things heal- just rest (when possible of course) and be aware of how you move and ice often (heat when needed) and continue to do what your doing... hopefully it improves soon! :hugs:

seoj --- thank you for your reply and I'm sorry you've had injuries too :hugs::hugs:

Thanks hun- it's something I've learned to manage (most of the time). I had to have a cortizone shot in my shoulder a few weeks back- so that was fun! lol. But I also know this too shall pass... so I TRULY do hope you are feeling much better soon. :hugs: You are doing everything right... so just keep it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->