Back Pain

ashleynd

Reaction score
My back and hip pain seems to keep getting more severe. I use ice because that helps more than heat. I've tried warm showers, too. I'm 30 weeks and 5 days and I'm in a ton of pain. I see my chiropractor weekly and we've decided that I need to come in twice a week, but it still really hurts. I'm running out of ideas about what to do. My concern is being put on bed rest because getting around and doing much of anything is becoming unbearable.

My questions are how bad does it have to get before they put me on bed rest? Does anyone have any tips as to how to handle this?

Sorry I don't know hon... but :hugs:

Although I have no advice, I am in the exact, exact same boat! In fact, tonight by the time I got home from work and went to take a shower, I was crying in the shower and didn't even complete my shower before getting out because I couldn't stand anymore. I am terrified of being put on bed rest.. especially when I've got 7 weeks left. I'd also like to save my vacation/sick days. I've expressed my pain at my last appointment to my doctor and he said that there's nothing really they can do. I plan to discuss this more with him at my next appointment next Friday, but I worry that when there's nothing he can do, that will be the only option. Oh the joys of pregnancy..

Also, I've tried heating pads, ice, back brace/support belt, and extra strength tylenol. Nothing even touches the pain!

Aww honey I feel you. I've taken two showers today. I went in to the chiropractor because I couldn't stand it any longer. And I have an Ob appointment next Friday so I'm definitely going to bring it up. Are your feet gettinf swollen too? It's not like really bad swelling but they definitely look big to me.

My fiancé travels a lot for his job, so if I get put on bed rest I don't know what I'm gonna do! I guess we'll have to find someone to come help run errands and clean for me. Not really what I want, though.

Yes! Tonight was really the first night that I had paid attention to them, but when I got out of the shower they were swollen for sure. I'm not sure that bed rest would even help me though. I'm in pain when I'm sitting down too. I suppose the most comfortable I can possibly be at any point during the day or night is when I am laying down with a pillow behind my back and one between my legs, but when I go to stand up, I feel and look like a 100 year old lady trying to get up and moving!

I'm kind of in the same boat as far as help too. Hubby works 3rd shift, so he sleeps literally all day and wakes up for supper, then heads to work. While I work all day, pick up DD at daycare and run whatever errands and by the time I get home some days, he's about to head out the door! I joke that he's as worthless as I am right now! Lol. He just got put on 3rd two weeks ago though so he's not used to it at all so I don't push or bug him about sleeping because I know that his job is hard work.

It's almost like I want to be put on bed rest, but then I definitely do not! I would love to be on "bed rest" like half of the week Lol. I think I would go crazy though!

I definitely understand. It's like it no matter what position I'm uncomfortable and in pain. Laying down helps a little but even after a little while of that I have to reposition. Besides the feet sweeling, I keep getting leg cramps in my calves. Plus my right ankle started hurting pretty bad yesterday and still hurts today. I don't remember injuring it or anything.

I feel the same way about bed rest. Maybe I'd be less stressed from not working and that might help take the edge off. Then again I'm definitely prone to going stir crazy!

Guess I could hire a maid or something. My family lives 2 hours away so that's not an option. I'm tempted to call my ob and see what she thinks, but idk.

Oh yeah. I've had leg cramps too, but I had those with my first pregnancy as well, but never ever any pain! The other day I had soemthing going on with my nerve in my back or something and I couldn't roll over, lift my leg, straighten it or anything! I felt paralyzed! That God hubby was home then and helped me out. He gets a kick out of me rolling out of bed and trying to get up though.. He doesn't quite understand the pain.

I would definitely call and ask your OB what they think, that way if they say yes, you have time to figure out the rest from there.

Oh my gosh! I've never had that happen but my back has been so stiff that I couldn't bend over or hardly walk. Do you think they'll be able to see what's up with my ankle?

I don't blame your hubby though cuz it kind of tickles me watching myself get out of bed. I have a mirror on my closet door so I always feel like a one of thothose weeble toys trying to get out of bed. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->