Back to back baby!!!

Pixie9833

Pregnant-first trimester
Reaction score
Good morning Ladies

I had my midwife appointment on wednesday and she said the baby was back to back. This explains the back ache and pain Ive been having. I'm only 29 weeks so bubba still has time to face the right way, but does anyone have any tips to encourage him to move?? xxx

Bouncing on a birthing ball will do the trick, rocking and sitting forward on it allows baby to get into position and will encourage baby to turn. try not to sit back into your chairs/couches, lean forward.

Lots of walking, sit/bounce on ball, no slouching on the sette, make sure your hips are always above your knees, being on all fours, not lying on your back, sitting on upright chairs or backwards on a chair leaning on the back rest

Honestly baby will most likely turn by themselves at that geatation and flip back and too.
Even if the baby does end up being back to back I've delivered 2 back to back babies. One being at home completely unmedicated don't worry about it too much! But yes to ease the back ache I've heard lying and sleeping on your side with two pillows between your legs can encourage them to turn! X

Scrubbing the floors can get baby to swing round. I have had 2 back to back deliveries. They weren't to bad & my quickest labours one was 1hr 36mins & second was 50mins. Good luck

DD stayed back to back until 38 weeks and she eventually turned. I had an anterior placenta so think she liked facing it. I sat on my ball at home, at work I leaned over my desk, every night I'd do inverts on all 4s. Check out the spinning babies website, lots of helpful tips on there for getting baby to turn. As PP said, you are very early to be worrying too much about it, but if by 34 weeks baby's still the same position you can get into action - and avoid slouching on the sofa from now!

On all fours. There's also spinning babies website that can suggest things but my family doc always said scrub floors, or do the cow/cat yoga movements lots. Laying on your back will be the worst thing as gravity moves baby back to back. Hopefully it turns in the upcoming weeks for you.

My first was back to back and I didn't know until I was pushing and he was crowning. It was really painful, but quite doable and epidural really was amazing at that point! Hopefully you can get baby turned around, but if not just remember it's possible to deliver that way and every woman's body deals with it differently.

Sit on a birthing ball and bounce and rock. I couldn't turn my last baby and delivered him back to back, but I'm going to try turning this one if the same thing happens :)

I delivered back to back too. Dd turned as she came out. I've read stories of ladies doing back to back without pain relief if that's the way you want to go. I had an epidural. It was amazing and I pushed dd out entirely on my own without any help.
I asked my new midwife what I could do this time and she said baby still has plenty of space to move but start getting into the positions mentioned above in other posts from 35 weeks. I intend to look at spinning babies too.

My daughter was in the 'ideal position' for weeks until labour... when i was in labour she was back to back but moved round whilst I was in labour!

I did both my times without pain relief completely do able.. Sure baby will love tho.. Get scrubbing those floors. Good luck

My last bub was back to back. But he turned back to back at like 38 weeks. He only rotated once he was being born. I pushed him out in 8 mins.
The MW told me to crawl around on all fours but didn't do anything for us lol

I've had to back to back labours my boys only turned in actual labour all the above ideas should help though x

Iv had back labour and normal and whilst I did have an epidural for my back labour (first time baby and I was young and very tired so was recommended, I probably could've managed without it but midwife said because I'd laboured so long I should take the offer and get some sleep) my body actually seemed to deal well with it though and my youngest who was smaller and not born back to back actually did more damage so I wouldn't worry too much honestly.

That being said if still back to bac at a later date don't lean back in chairs and sit in positions that will ecotage gravity to swing baby round. All fours, leaning on back of chair, knees above hips leaning forward etc xx

We're in the process of moving house so scrubbing floors on all fours is the only position ive been used to over the past couple of days. Fingers crossed it's helped. Thanks ladies for all your advice and comments xcxx

My lg was back to back during labour but turned at the last minute! She came out with her waters intact and the labour was easier and quicker than my first who was engaged and the right was round early on.
I bounced and bounced and tried everything else possible in the run up to labour to no avail!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->