Back to back. Has anyone gotten baby to change position? Updated

xdxxtx

NTNP
Reaction score
My baby is posterior/back-to-back. No wonder I haven't been feeling the normal contractions I felt with my first baby - I just get extreme back tightenings instead. It's so painful, and I'm terrified about how long labor will last with my baby in this position. My doctor said he's locked in place now, and she didn't seem all that optimistic, but she DID say that even an engaged posterior baby can move. I'm feeling that my best bet is to help baby un-engage, using a plank/inversion position. Then, spend the next 4 weeks on all fours and let gravity do its thing. lol. Has anyone had any success getting a back-to-back baby turn in these later weeks?

No success as I didn't know but my first daughter was prosterior and 8lb 13oz when born. No extra labour time very bad back labour though with no pain relief and pushing took a little longer than it did with my second anterior baby. As long as you can push how they tell you when it comes to it you should be fine Hun =)

Thanks! I'm lucky that it's my second, and pushing went extremely well with my first. So, it should be a lot easier for me to get this baby out than for a first timer. I'm just nervous! :)

My baby is also back to back and I can't report any success yet, but I'm hoping that by my 35 week appointment she will be turned. I printed up all the exercises from Spinningbabies.com and I've been doing them the last couple nights.

The midwife also told me to kind of sleep on my stomach... I mean obviously not full on, but sleep on my side and lean on my tummy so that it makes baby uncomfortable, so that she'll want to turn over. This makes sense, because I noticed over the last few weeks that when I laid even a little bit on my bump (like I'd be on my side and my bump would just touch the bed a little), she would freak out and wiggle like nuts. If she turned her back to my belly, it wouldn't bother her as much and I wouldn't be able to feel her squirming in the front like that.

My baby is also back to back and I can't report any success yet, but I'm hoping that by my 35 week appointment she will be turned. I printed up all the exercises from Spinningbabies.com and I've been doing them the last couple nights.

The midwife also told me to kind of sleep on my stomach... I mean obviously not full on, but sleep on my side and lean on my tummy so that it makes baby uncomfortable, so that she'll want to turn over. This makes sense, because I noticed over the last few weeks that when I laid even a little bit on my bump (like I'd be on my side and my bump would just touch the bed a little), she would freak out and wiggle like nuts. If she turned her back to my belly, it wouldn't bother her as much and I wouldn't be able to feel her squirming in the front like that.

I hope that works for you!!!! I have been laying mostly on my side and kind of on my belly throughout this whole pregnancy, and obviously my baby doesn't mind it. lol... Stubborn kid. At least I've read that only a small percentage of "posterior" babies are actually born posterior. FX that works in our favor. ;)

My little man was back to back at my last midwifes appointment 38 weeks. I've been doing everything I can to get him to move, I think it might have worked but I'm really not sure I don't have my next appointment until friday, that's if little man hasn't arrived by then x

i didn't know my DD was back to back until i pushed her out. i was only pushing for 20 minutes though. her teeny nose did get stuck though so i had an epesiotomy. definitely doable though!

Thanks for the kind words. I guess I shouldn't worry much. I pushed my first baby out without ANY issues, and there was plenty of room left. I think I could easily push out a posterior baby, possibly without tearing/cutting. Wish me luck!

For the rest of you with posterior babies, good luck with everything!!! My doctor insists that it's not as scary as the internet makes it out to be. :)

I spent a whole week almost non stop on hands and knees trying to get him to flip. Then, I calmed down and went back to normal routine , and he did a turn over a few days, engaging and coming back out, until he got into the right position. Yay!!! Now he's engaged much more deeply, and I'm finally starting to dilate!!! Yay!!!!

Awesome, I was going to suggest all fours, my OB said to hand mop the floors and baby would flip, lol.
Hope your stays in position for delivery

That's great news - I'm so glad yours turned for you. I don't enjoy kneeling on all fours on a laminate flooring - it hurts! I'm just trying to keep really active each day and hoping that helps. Lots of my friends said most babies move thmselves into the right position before birth, even if they are engaged so I'm trying not to worry too much. It's the forceps that scare me - I'd be gutted if I had to have forceps or a ventouse which I hear can be necessary with a back to back birth. My pregnancy has been textbook thus far so I'm gutted that baby isn't lying right. Singing "turn baby turn" doesn't seem to be doing the trick either!!

That's great news - I'm so glad yours turned for you. I don't enjoy kneeling on all fours on a laminate flooring - it hurts! I'm just trying to keep really active each day and hoping that helps. Lots of my friends said most babies move thmselves into the right position before birth, even if they are engaged so I'm trying not to worry too much. It's the forceps that scare me - I'd be gutted if I had to have forceps or a ventouse which I hear can be necessary with a back to back birth. My pregnancy has been textbook thus far so I'm gutted that baby isn't lying right. Singing "turn baby turn" doesn't seem to be doing the trick either!!

Yes, it does hurt. We have all hard floors here, and I kept kneeling on pillows (stole my baby's Boppy), and it would STILL hurt. Instead of doing the hands-and-knees and all that all day long, I just started sleeping only on my left side, propping myself up with pillows so I'm at an angle, leaning forward as much as possible, with my right knee up as high as possible to open up my pelvis. It was a suggestion from my OB, and it definitely helped him to move out and get to where he needed to be. I'd give it a shot - it's a whole lot more comfortable than knees on a hard floor...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->