Back-to-back Pregnancies

WackyMumof2

Reaction score
Not too sure where to put this so if it's in the wrong section, please, let me know.

My midwife has told me that this pregnancy is a 'back-to-back' as I only delivered 6 months prior to becoming pregnant again which I didn't know. To me, back-to-back was any new pregnancy that would fall in a 3 month period of birth. I know that this puts me at a potential higher risk than my other pregnancies did though there is also no reason to expect anything to happen either. But I also understand that it is the reason that my lower back is so sore and I have sweet stuff all energy and it could also be why at nearly 20 weeks I have yet to feel any real movement from baby.

From what I know, I understand that the best time between pregnancies is 2-3 years now (under medical advice) as that gives our bodies plenty of time to heal and to be receiving the appropriate nutrician for the next pregnancy. I also know now that premature labour and low birth weights are possible. Throw on top of that GD again so there is all this worry in my head that is telling me something is wrong etc. It's not a good place to be. I'm fighting with my head and my heart telling me 2 different things and it's just really stressing me out. My heart tells me my baby is okay regardless of how much movement I feel at the moment and my head tells me different. Hubby said the midwife heard a strong heart beat so I shouldn't be worrying and I have delivered 3 healthy children to date so there is no reason to think there is something wrong this time.

I get where hubby is coming from nor does he want me to worry. We had a couple of close friends loose their baby at the same point I am now when I was pregnant with DS2 so reliving those memories is hard especially because that is playing on my mind this time. The loss of our friend's baby is very close to home as we were all living together and she was due the same week as me. I know hubby is right but it's just a mess for me. So tell me, do any of you have 16 months or less between any of your children and did it affect your pregnancy, labour or baby's birth weight? I just really need something positive to help me not stress out. :cry:

My son's are exactly 16 months apart.
I had an uncomplicated normal pregnancy, perfect labour and 100% healthy baby.
I have never heard of a "back to back pregnancy" causing any issues minus maybe being more tired.

My son's are exactly 16 months apart.
I had an uncomplicated normal pregnancy, perfect labour and 100% healthy baby.
I have never heard of a "back to back pregnancy" causing any issues minus maybe being more tired.

Thank you. :) I wouldn't imagine in any normal circumstance that it would however it CAN increase the risk of issues during pregnancy, labour, birth and post nataly. But hearing something positive I think is important for me as I'm more likely to focus on the upcoming birth of this baby. <3

I fall into the 3 month rule :haha: . So far this pregnancy has been exhausting, pains and aches seem to be stronger but no real issues. Our LO did start to kick around your gestation and I don't know if it is this little guy or being back to back, but once he started he's been the strongest of my 3. Our OB wasn't concerned about anything other than making sure my vitamins were spot on, an extra calcium and potassium supplement , and making sure to notice any potential labor signs (due to the potential for early birth.) I say relax hun, you'll do great. It is certainly it's own experience but so far so good here. I'm sure you'll be the same. If you need anything or have questions feel free to PM

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->