Back to Back

MummyJade

Mum
Reaction score
Hey Girls

just wondering if any one could help me :blush:
I had my 38 weeks midwife appointment and she said baby has gone from 2/5th engaged to 4/5th engaged and is slightly back to back.....

i heard it can make labour more difficult and take longer, has anyone been through this before? how did you cope? is there anyway of turning LO?

Thanks xx

get down on all fours and rock backwards & forwards. It didnt work for me but worth a try.

I had both my babies back to back in labour hun .
And i would be lying if i didnt say it was awfull !! , Longer labours are asscociated with back to back and allso very painfull .
But There is a good few techniques to encourage baby to move , I was told on all 4s rocking back and forth and side to side , The gravity helps bring baby back round to a natural position .
Allso its good if there not fully back to back as theres a great chance baby will move on its own .
Good luck .xxxxxxxx .

Seriously, dont worry about engagement... It really doesn't matter, I haven't had it measured once, and the baby can move in and out of engagement right into labour.

I was just at the hospital today and Ive started dilating (and was told am in early labour) and im still not engaged.

I used a birth ball from 30 wks ish. I used it in labour too. You must stay as upright and mobile as possible in labour or on all fours. My mw also had me stood swinging my hips hula-hoop style. It was very painful as she tried to turn and I gave birth on a birthing stool to help and she turned over the last hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->