back to been like a newborn?!?

xxleannexx

Mom to a girl and boy
Reaction score
The past week or so summer has started been back to like a new born.. i kno it sounds a bit daft as she is now nearly 9 weeks old. But we have put her into her cot now so she is not sleeping in her moses basket and for the 1st night or two she slept just like she did in her basket but since then she has started waking every 4 hours for a feed again where as before we transfered her she was sleeping from 10 til 5 most nites sometime longer sometimes slightly less. but the problem is she is waking up having a bottle but only having a few ounces then she is asleep again but most the time she is in her cot her sleep is unsettled and she keeps waking up, i cant give her anymore milk before she goes to sleep as she wont take anymore. im back to been so tires all the time as she keeps me awake most of the night.. i thought these days were over :hissy: any suggestions on how i can get her back into her normal routine??? thanks xx

do you swaddle her in the cot? it may be that she isnt used to havin so much space and doesnt like it. we swaddle Hannah and then she lies on a blanket which is rolled up at each side so she feels tight in her cot.

Perhaps she's just gearing up for a growth spurt, I notice sometime's Noah does that will wake every few hours then a few days later will sleep alot.

Perhaps she's just gearing up for a growth spurt, I notice sometime's Noah does that will wake every few hours then a few days later will sleep alot.

This is my guess too...

:hug:

Sounds like a growth spurt hunnie! My lil one just had one a few days ago, was wakign every 3 hours to feed....had me knackerd! But it's back to normal now. She will settle soon.

Josh has had his routine broken for a couple of days, then went back to sleep through the night. Just be patient and keep doing a bed time routine (bath, massage swaddling, sign a song etc)

Also, lavender oil on the sheets really helps. Lavender helps to relax and sleep. You should try. It works very well with Josh.

Hope she goes back into her normal routine hun xx

Thanks, ive tried padding out her cot for tonight with some fleeces under the sheet to make it more comfortable as the mattress seems really hard and she sleeps lovely if she is on a bed. its been a week now so hopefully should settle back down over the next few nights as i was getting hopeful tht was she ready to go through the and even slept one night from 9:30pm til 7:30 the nxt morn now i feel like we are bk to square one and its so disheartning (sp) when i thought we was getting somewhere!! but thanks for all your suggestions i will give them a try xx

we have progress!!! :happydance:

she had a bottle at 11pm when straight to sleep, she woke me up at half 4 with hiccups.. random, i was just about to get up and go and get a bottle sorted then i looked into the cot and she was dozing back off so i got bk into bed then the next thing i knew it was 6 in the mornin!! so she slept for 7 hours :happydance: minus her little burst off hiccups which prob wouldnt have woke me up if i wasnt such a light sleeper!!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->