Bad acne

MummyJojo1992

Reaction score
So since starting my third trimester my skin has just become covered in acne, :cry: :nope: not only on my face but on my back and chest too.
I already feel like a whale, lol, but now my skin has gotten so bad I don't like going out.
My hubby for some weird reason likes popping them, yuck :dohh:
Is there anything that will help clear my skin without using like store bought stuff, is there anything natural I can use or make to help clear it up so I don't feel so gross. Lol. :haha:

I feel for you - I have always had bad skin, worse on my back. But from 2nd tri I have had it really bad, I even have it on my lower legs!!!! My chin looks awful, I don't have any actual spots there at the moment but some awful, dark scars from previous ones. I do admit that I have squeezed and picked at them but even the ones that I haven't touched have still marked me :( I am so glad I have been pg through winter as I would hate it to be warm as I would be too embarrassed to wear skirts or even vest tops.

I have tried loads of different washes, creams, toners to using nothing at all but nothing seems to be helping. I know its our hormones causing an imbalance so I am praying it goes back to normal once LO is here. At least I will be able to go on the sunbed again soon haha, that usually clears my skin up!!

I blame it on the hormones I have been gettting annoying little spots on the tops of my arms and legs with both pregnancies , I just exfoliate more and use teatree shower gel (any annoying spots a little savlon keeps them calm and not so noticable !) then take my vitamins as well and eating lots of fruit and drinking lots of water , has kept them under control this time

OMGOSH im there with you, in first tri i had breakouts and in second tri my skin was clear and flawless but, as soon as i got into third tri my chin and back broke out so bad its soooooo disgusting! Everytime someone is talking to me i accuse them of staring at my pimples...i look like such a spaz "ARE YOU LOOKING AT MY PIMPLES?!?!?!"

I wash with a bar of soap and cold water (used to help keep my face perfectly clear BEFORE pregnancy hormones) but nothing seems to help now....and im running out of cover up!!!!! :(

never had acne problems, but lately the skin around my mouth has become red.. I look as if i have held a round jar over my mouth. So weird, made an appointment with a dermatologist already :/

I've had them since about 14 weeks. Absolute nightmare and with you on the glad it's been winter. I'm praying they go after as I never even suffered with spots as a teenager.

Mine are all round my hairline especially, back and shoulders.

Really upsetting!

It's supposed to mean your carrying a girl?!

I've had them since about 14 weeks. Absolute nightmare and with you on the glad it's been winter. I'm praying they go after as I never even suffered with spots as a teenager.

Mine are all round my hairline especially, back and shoulders.

Really upsetting!

It's supposed to mean your carrying a girl?!

It is in the list of old wives tales :) BUT I am having a girl! And I have read in baby books that having a girl increases a type of hormone... Well not increases, but baby is producing it as well as us so it overall increases. If that makes any sense whatsoever lol??

Haha that's funny too because I'm having a girl also. But yeah it's shocking how many I have, I never used to wear make up but now I do so I look some what clearer. Hopefully after I have my daughter they'll clear up. Fingers crossed.

I don't know what I'm having so will definitely have to see if it is the same for me.

I heard it was an old wives tale from Europe that they believe when your carrying a girl she takes your beauty.. hence the spots!

girl here as well , and my first is a girl !

Yikes! The theory is proving right...

I had a dream it was a girl last night.. if that counts!

But I'm sure it's more likely a boy and I'm just the odd one who gets spots anyway...

I'm trying a sugar scrub around my neck but that hasn't done anything yet..
If any ones got any remedies that they would recommend I'm up for trying them!

My first pregnancy was a girl and I used to suffer with sports before I was pregnant and she cleared my face right up ~ I always thought it was a bit of an extreme way to get rid of spots :haha:

This time around, all of a sudden I have a massive bout of acne again, so I'm hoping two things. Firstly since I'm 40+3 my hormones are changing and baby is coming! Secondly, that if my first pregnancy got rid of the spots whilst I was pregnant, that this time I won't have any after - I can dream can't I?!

I have pretty much just had to cleanse more than before and accept that I look horrendous. I said to OH only he is allowed to take pictures of me immediately post birth so we can Photoshop off the spots - I have loads and they are all red and big and I look like I have a uni-brow because of them. I'm not normally so vein with them but you never look great anyway on those photo's anyway! I know it won't happen like that anyway really. Ah well! :haha: :wacko:

my chin is too and im having a girl. I use mukuna honey havent got boils any more just redness

I'm having a boy and my skin is awful with my dd had none!x

Well our yellow bump turned out to be a girl :)

I knew I would have a boy but get spots!

Arthur was born 9 hours overdue on the 21st April.. gorgeous and his skin was so clear and not dry on delivery whilst mine two weeks on is still spotty :(

I suffered with the worst acne pre pregnancy but its done wonders for my skin!! Not worn makeup for pretty much my whole pregnancy I'm hopin it lasts after the baby's born!

I would recomend sudocrem tho, I had tried sooo many face washs and different things from the doctors none worked as well as puttin sudocrem on before bed!

Good luck! Hope it clears up quick xx

Congrat's on your little boy :flower:

No joy in my hormones clearing it up this time either! I still have some too - might try sudocrem. I find things work for a little bit then my spots become immune. People don't think I am 30 somtimes, I say 'why because of the acne?!' :haha:

Something to bring up at the postnatal check up I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->