Bad constant lower back pain; contractions roughly 10-15 mins apart

mamawolf

Reaction score
Not really sure if this is the real thing. I’ve had painful Braxton Hicks for more than a month so pain isn’t an indicator of whether it’s the real thing. They’ve only seemed to hurt in my lower back the past few days though. Right now they’re still inconsistent between 10 and 20 mins apart. But my back has been constantly hurting for the past two hours or so. It’s not as bad standing up but doesn’t go away. I didn’t have back labor with my other two so I’m not sure if this is labor or not.

I’m 35w6d. I guess I should wait until they get consistent? I’m just curious if this is what happened with anyone’s previous pregnancies. My lower back aches so bad

No you need to be seen asap because you're not full term and that sounds like early preterm labor

I would go on and get checked out. Hopefully everything is ok

Thanks ladies. I went to bed last night as the contractions had eased off and had never gotten consistent. This morning I’ve had a couple but nothing close together. My lower back still aches a lot. If the contractions start back up I’ll call my doctor. Right now it’s just my lower back aching. It sucks!

Personally, I had no contractions, just back pains like you mention for two days. At 2:00am my water broke (still no contractions), and then at 3:00am the contractions finally started 1 min apart constantly, he was born at 5:10am. I was 37+2. I would also recommend getting checked since you're still not term because it's not always clear as day contractions as I learned! (I didn't even have them like 10 mins or 20 mins apart, I had 0 contractions).

Hope your ok hun! I've been having these for days now, it comes and goes but it's pretty regular and consistent when its here, I also contract in my back, but I also have a bad back so I'm not sure where the pain comes from at times but the BH are there and they are uncomfortable! I'm only 27 weeks though :( if they start back up, please get checked!

Oh hon I was having this at 28 weeks. I've never experienced back labour either but I was having very painful Braxton hicks low down in my tummy and around my lower back. I did what u did and rested and by morning it had stopped. Still get strong painful Braxton hicks now but nothing consistent and they always fizzle out. I also had a ton of presure down there was so scary.
If it happens again hon and they get closer together definitely go and get checked out just to be safe. I had my DD at 35+4 she was ok but only 5lbs and spent 17 days in neonatal care. Shes now a happy healthy 6 year old.
If in dought get checked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->