Bad Cravings...

kittykat7210

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
So, i know i'm only 4 weeks, but i KNOW this is a craving, because I'm really badly craving wine, and I HATE wine!? What can I do??

Drink grape juice instead. Most likely you are craving the wine for something in it and grape juice will have the same vitamins and minerals.

Try white sparkling grape juice! I had it for Thanksgiving, and it's delicious. It really felt like I was drinking wine.

I always crave cigarettes while pregnant. I would never smoke or vape or anything, even if I wasn't pregnant. It's a pain in the butt, and the craving gets really strong sometimes. But I just try to change my focus to something else when that craving arises.

You could do some grape juice (red is delicious!) or sparkling cider/juice (also yummy if you like champagne). You could probably have a sip of wine (in my opinion. I would have just a sip, and the nasty taste would get rid of the craving for me). Cranberry juice is also a good one to help with that craving.

Cravings are usually a sign of a vitamin or mineral you are deficient in ie if you crave meat your body is really craving iron. I second all the suggestions above to help with the taste part of the craving but maybe eat some grapes lol as that's what wine is made of!

i would try grape juice or sparkling grape juice...
funny about cravings huh, when my SIL was pregnant with my oldest niece she craved tequila.... i think its cause she knew she couldn't have it.

I'm craving bath bombs. Seriously, I see one and I want nothing more than to eat it, it makes me drool. Maybe I need more warm baths lol

I'm craving bath bombs. Seriously, I see one and I want nothing more than to eat it, it makes me drool. Maybe I need more warm baths lol

That's called Pica hun! Step away from the bath bombs :haha:

That's what I was about to say XD

A girl I know had Pica when she was pregnant - she wanted to eat cigarette ash all the time and it was genuinely hard to stop herself!!

That sounds revolting! Bless her! I've not craved anything but wine as of yet, but it's hard to go shopping because the wine is by the exit/entrance at the moment because of Christmas XD haven't found any sparkling grape juice yet but I will keep looking!! X

That's what I was about to say XD

A girl I know had Pica when she was pregnant - she wanted to eat cigarette ash all the time and it was genuinely hard to stop herself!!

That sounds revolting! Bless her! I've not craved anything but wine as of yet, but it's hard to go shopping because the wine is by the exit/entrance at the moment because of Christmas XD haven't found any sparkling grape juice yet but I will keep looking!! X

Tell me about it. She wasn't even a smoker but whilst pregnant she started smoking about 10 cigarettes a day because she couldn't have the ash so a cigarette was the next best thing. I'd never heard anything like it in my life. The day her baby was born she went back to non smoking because she found the taste disgusting?!?!?! Weird.

I hope you find some sparkling grape juice soon so you can stop the cravings! So far I basically crave cold fruit - mainly watermelon, peaches, mangoes, nectarines & apricots - and cabana and cheese but I can have all those things so it's pretty easy to satisfy my cravings :haha:

This really cracked me up! :haha: I can't wait to see if/what I start craving!

Do they sell Shloer where you are? That's my favourite fancy drink replacement, it is a brand of fizzy grape stuff designed to be an alternative to wine :)
I now can't have cows milk or tomatoes without being sick and I crave very crappy/greasy take out food like McDonald's! So unlike me, I love my veggies but now I'm having to force them down if I can face it :/

Do they sell Shloer where you are? That's my favourite fancy drink replacement, it is a brand of fizzy grape stuff designed to be an alternative to wine :)
I now can't have cows milk or tomatoes without being sick and I crave very crappy/greasy take out food like McDonald's! So unlike me, I love my veggies but now I'm having to force them down if I can face it :/

Oh my god how could I have forgotten shloer!!! Thank you I'm going to grab some right now XD

Haha yay I helped :D I'll definitely be getting some for christmas, enjoy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->