Bad Headaches

Marriedlaydee

Reaction score
Anyone else suffering from terrible headaches???

I'd be tempted to call it a migraine because lights hurt and all I want to do is lay down in a dark room and feel sorry for myself!

I experienced no nausea today for first time since it started a week ago (felt queasy temporarily) but this damn headache seems to have replaced that since last night.

Anyone know what is a safe remedy? Only thing I know that's considered safe here in the UK is paracetamol but I never find it works so don't want to bother.

Or I can just moan on here until my eyes hurt too much to stare at the screen on it's lowest brightness setting lol :haha:

Other sufferers please join me! :wacko:

I had them BAD with both my boys pregnancies. This one not yet. However the only thing I found to help was to drink a can of coke. Weird but it worked for me.

I had them BAD with both my boys pregnancies. This one not yet. However the only thing I found to help was to drink a can of coke. Weird but it worked for me.

I guess the sugar and caffeine helps then! I've settled with some Haribo and a Boost bar as I'm quite picky about what to eat lately and I gotta say indulging helps a fair bit even though I'm trying so so hard to be healthy!

Chocolate does amazing things :haha:

Yes. I first started getting them (migraines) around the time AF returned PP. I had a hormone issue, along with stress from work, that was causing them. They improved and went away completely when I started a new job.

It had been about a year and a half since I had one, but this pregnancy has been so rough (the total opposite of my pregnancy with my son). I think the hormones started causing them again. I've had three this pregnancy and two other times felt one coming and was preventative to keep it at bay.

Things that I've found that help and are safe in pregnancy:
- Tylenol but I would have to take it when I first have a sign one is coming before it really hits (such as vision getting blurry)
- ice cold water
- avoid aspartame as it can be a trigger
- Gatorade apparently helps some people
- an ice pack on my head
- dim all lights when you feel it starting and put your head down (even if you're at work if possible)

Mine get horrible and there's no mistaking it's a migraine. One of the first signs tends to be that my vision starts to get blurry and bright lights bother me about 20 min before it comes on completely. I will get it so bad in one spot of my head that I literally cannot do anything if it's in full gear (no tv, no phone, no lights, can't get out of bed). Sometimes they'll make me vomit.

Ive had 3 this week. Always on the right side based at my temple and it throbs at different locations down the right side all the way to my neck. I actually got a satky comment from my mum this morning saying its going to be a long pregnancy (because i feel rubbish on and off)

Hope they go away soon, totally spoiling the weekend! X

My entire pregnancy so far.
Can't say I've figured anything to keep them away. Take Tylenol and hope for the best. They seem to go hand in hand with my nausea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->