Bad midwife appt :-((

noobie

Reaction score
Just wanted a quick rant! Had my 28 wk appt today so far everything has been fine BP normal etc. So i was kept waiting as the normal midwife was off sick so i was gonna be late for work then this other midwife shows up eventually get in to see her....she measured me said was OK listened to HB fine then i had my blood pressure taken and she asked if it was my 1st baby, didnt offer any explanation so i said why she said oh yr BP is slightly raised 145/88 my normal is 120/80, i said well prob cos im now running late for work and also i was worried about my GTT test result. I hadnt heard anything so she just said oh dont worry it'll be fine, i said im sorry i wanna hear that frm the hosp. so she was faffing around saying she doesnt normally work in a clinic and didnt know where my midwife kept all her results so i asked her to call hosp. she tried 2 times said its engaged i said can i call she said no yr not allowed! I said well can u keep on trying she then got thru and comfirmed that it was OK (thank god) she then took BP again and was the same so said can i come back in on Fri i said no going away for the weekend only to my parents in Cornwall she said well u wont be going anywhere if theres something wrong, which got me even more worried. Was prob being a little sensitive but shes really spooked me with the raised BP hopefully tmrw itll be back down im sure it was only cos 1. i was running late 2. she wasnt my normal MW and not v good at that and 3. i was worried about my GTT and having to have a blood test as well. Oh and also i havent had any headaches or floaters (lol) or any swelling..

Sorry its quite long......rant over! :) If i sound irrational sorry im 7 mnths pregnant lol

My BP was raised when we went to the growth scan on Monday and i put it down to been so bloody anxious about the results. I tested yesterday and it was fine. You are probably right and it was cos you were feeling really anxious about your appointment. I thought exactly the same when she told me it was raised. Have you got some where you can nip to tomorrow to just check it? I went to my doctors surgery yesterday and just got it checked, they have a BP machine in the reception and it does a print out for you x

Oh yeah sry forgot to say will be seeing the nurse tmrw to chk again x

I wouldnt worry. Like i said, it was probably because you were feeling anxious x

i can see where your coming from but can see where shes coming from to at my doctors whatever tests we have we dont really get the results we just get a phone call if there is something wrong. Maybe the midwife you seen today does it different at her clinic dont get worked up about it hun xx

Don't worry - try to relax before your appointment and don't talk while they're taking your blood pressure as it will make it higher.

I had my 28 week appointment last week and exactly the same thing happened. My BP was 131/88 which is quite a lot higher than normal. The mw took BP before I had my bloods done and before I had my Anti-D injection so it was no wonder it was raised! I have to have mine checked more regularly now too - but now I'm worried that everytime I have it taken I will get myself worked up and it will seem higher than it is!

Hope everything works out OK hun, I know its pointless to say try to relax and not worry as we worry about everything at this stage don't we! Xx

I had my 28 week appointment last week and exactly the same thing happened. My BP was 131/88 which is quite a lot higher than normal. The mw took BP before I had my bloods done and before I had my Anti-D injection so it was no wonder it was raised! I have to have mine checked more regularly now too - but now I'm worried that everytime I have it taken I will get myself worked up and it will seem higher than it is!

Hope everything works out OK hun, I know its pointless to say try to relax and not worry as we worry about everything at this stage don't we! Xx

Yeah exactly! Im gonna relax today as much as i can and not worry about it as im sure tmrw it'll be back down to normal :) tnx guys i think alot of it was seeing a diff MW too as i like my normal one :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->