Bad news at 34 weeks :(

TTC our first

Reaction score
Today at my ultrasound I was told that baby has an ovarian cyst approx 3cm insize. They are having me come back in two weeks to see if it grows any larger. I'm concerned they said as soon as baby is Born they may have to do MRI on baby. Anyone know anything about this?? I'm so worried

didn't want to read and run, no experience but wishing you and baby all the best.

Oh goodness I have no experience but just wanted to send good vibes and hope you and baby are ok x

I heard that they can go down in utero because of hormonal imbalances. Try not to worry too much, it's not good for the baby. If you're concerned and you need some professional advice, I would book an appointment with your GP xx

So sorry. Praying good thoughts for u and baby!

Hi I was told my little one had a possible ovarian cyst 5.1 cm in size they kept an eye on it through weekly ultrasounds. I delivered at 36 weeks (unrelated to the cyst i developed pre-e). My little one was born weighing 6lbs 5oz now that she is here she is doing great however when they did her ultrasound the cannot tell if it is ovarian or whats called a duplicatio n cyst and she has to have surgery just because it is so big and they cant tell placement but otherwise like i said completely healthy.I was told anything under 4cm they generally leave and just monitor. If it grows over 4cm it can cause the ovary to twist so the prefer to remove to save to ovary. I know alot of info but rest assured very treatable with positive outcomes

Oh those poor wee girls. Sorry to hear about both babies with ovarian cysts. That shouldn't happen at this young an age!

I was told by my naturopathic doctor that soy and high estrogen foods can do this to women (give us cysts and other bad estrogenic effects) and soy infant formula and food products in most countries except for the USA (where the lobby groups rule over gov't) have been banned for use with children - obviously unrelated, but so unfortunate.

Oh no! Best wishes to you both! I honestly did not know that could happen in utero!

At 7weeks pregnant (I'm now 35weeks) I went to the epu with spotting and a terrible pain down my left side. I got scanned my two ovaries looked like the balloon house out of the film "up" my biggest cyst was the size of an orange!!
There still there and sometimes when baby girl presses on the left side I get a shooting pain. After she's born there going to re scan at 6weeks ppm and when I'm finished BF they'll start me on the pill as that got rid of my cysts when I was 17 (31 now)
It's not too big a deal and they usually don't do anything until baby is a few weeks old and hormones have settled.

Just to give you an update op my little one had her surgery that removed the cyst on her ovary it had already started shrinking on its own. Her left ovary is smaller than the right but looks good and she is being released probably tommorrow. So only 4 days in hospital. Im sure your little one will be just fine as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->