Bad taste in mouth

leesha81

*Son Zac & 2nd Bub soon*
Reaction score
Does anybody get a bad taste in there mouth?? Im almost 7 weeks and have this really awful taste in my mouth (this is on top of bad morning sickness) nothing seems to get rid of it and i am constantly sucking on lollies which make it a bit better, but as soon as the lollie is gone it comes back.

I had this problem when i was preg with my son as well and the doc said its due to hormone change and should only tasty a bit metalicy. This is wayyyyyyyyyy worse though!!!

i do find i have a minging taste in my mouth not so much metalicy but as if if cut my tounge andd it wont stop bleeding, i suck on polos and drink LOTS of water, which dont help the regular peeing!!

I had the wierd taste too, but a couple of weeks before I knew I was pregnant lol! Brushing my teeth would help for a little while but then it would be back with avengance! Bleurgh!

This is one of those yay moments where I thank the skies it's 'Not Just Me' [TM]

:D

lol yep I've had that, not yet thank goodness! But with my daughter is was horrible, also everything I ate and drank tasted funny. Steak tasted like liver and lemonade like sherbet!

I'm finding chewing gum helps, though I'm getting through quite a lot...

I am also getting a bad taste all the time and my husband also said I have been getting bad breath which isnt like me!!

I am also getting a bad taste all the time and my husband also said I have been getting bad breath which isnt like me!!

I saw a video which explained that during pregnancy something is released into your stomach to slow digestion, so more goodness can be taken from the food.

This suggests the food in your stomach and so on is hanging around that bit longer... which probably is the cause of any sourness.

I've had a hiatus hernia for about 8 years, but I think women are prone to it in pregnancy... it means heartburn or acid spilling out of your stomach (when you lay down) could also be contributing to the bad taste/smell.

I've gotten around it by not eating before bed, only drinking water, if anything, before laying down, proping up my head/shoulders... and for me laying on my left side is the biggest help. Turn over to my right and I can feel it right away... very odd after a cold glass of water ;)

But I've found myself brushing my teeth more and more, and still having the weird metalic taste. I had some strawberries the other day and they tasted of pure chemicals.

Lots of contrbuting factors I think, but glad to have them because they come with my bump :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->