Baking help!!

channy3232

Reaction score
My sister in law just got a puppy and her cousin came up with the idea to have a puppy shower for her as she probably won't ever have kids. I'm in charge of the food. There are only going to be a few of her close friends there, not a big party. I originally wanted to make a cake in the shape of a dog bone but was only able to find them on eBay and this was a last minute planned party. I do have a dog bone shaped cookie cutter I was going to use to cut sandwiches. But here's my question. My SIL loves whoopie pies, which are very big around here in the Amish community. I've never made them. I was thinking to make it easier, I could use boxed cake mix, premade icing, make a very shallow cake, cut them into dog bone shapes and stack them like a whoopie pie with cream in the middle? Would this work? Can I just put cake mix in a shallow pan and just not bake it as long???

Oh and here is a whoopie pie. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/whoopee-pie-recipe/index.html

ETA I did look at some recipes where it says to pipe the cake batter onto parchment paper and one said to use a cookie cutter dipped in cocoa powder to use as a template for the shape so they're all uniform. I saw one where someone did them heart shaped so I wonder how it would work if I just piped them into a dog bone shape. Hmmmm. that way the edges would be rounded like an actual whoopie pie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->