Baking soda for teething?

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
DD2 has cmpi and lactose intolerance so we've not been able to use any teething powders because they all contain lactose and the discomfort they cause her don't outweigh the relief from the teething pain, but I remember the granules being a godsend for DD1.

I've looked for alternatives online and baking soda keeps popping up and I was just wondering if anyone had heard of it/tried it and if it actually helped?

TIA

Have you tasted it? Yuck. I wouldn't use it personally.

I wouldn't use baking soda, it contains a lot of sodium which is really not good for babies.

What exactly is baking soda expected to do for teething?!!! That is just straight up quackery. No, I absolutely wouldn't give baking soda for teething, it won't do a darn thing except upset your baby.

Someone recommended swigging a spoonful of it in a small glass of water for heart burn when I was pregnant with Emma, I didn't realise it was salty and promptly spewed it all back up!

^ I lived on this when I was pregnant!

I wouldn't use it for teething because of the sodium content. I always felt a bit dehydrated after consuming it!

Have you tried anbesol liquid? It has been great for my little girl and it's safe for those with cmpa and lactose intolerance. You can get it in most pharmacies but you have to ask at the counter for the liquid (the gel on the shelves is rubbish).:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->