Bambino Mio users - some help please

colsy

Mummy to 2 li'l pudd'ns
Reaction score
Hi girls, our gorgeous son Monty is a week old today, and we are pleased to already be using cloth nappies. So far, the only ones in our supply that fit Monty are the Bambino Mio ones. My question is this: as these nappies seem to get so much wetter than disposables, what kind of system do you follow when it comes to changing your babies? I wonder whether we should be changing Monty even if he is still asleep - after all, it can't be any good for him having a wet nappy on while he's sleeping. Or alternatively do you just wait until your baby wakes up and then change him or her, just as you would with a disposable?

My second question is how easy is it to use cloth nappies at night? Ultimately this is what we want to do, but for now do you think it is easier for us and kinder to Monty to use disposables at night?

Thanks for your help, girls.

xx

Are you using liners? If not are you having to change after every wee? Otherwise, they hold a lot without leaving LO's bum wet and I find the extra wee just collects behind the prefold on the inside of the PUL wrap.

I change them after a feed or if she makes obvious noises/smells that she needs to be changed sooner. Generally I don't leave them on for longer than 3-4 hours but they could potentially go for longer.

I've also found the smart nappies outers are great for using with the prefolds as they actually hold them in better and give a much better fit. Plus they are cheaper :)

If you use a fleece liner his bum will stay dry even when the nappy is wet. We use them overnight and have done for months, Freya sleeps around 12 hours and she is fine with a fleece liner on, her skin is dry in the morning :D

If you use a fleece liner his bum will stay dry even when the nappy is wet. We use them overnight and have done for months, Freya sleeps around 12 hours and she is fine with a fleece liner on, her skin is dry in the morning :D

Wow! Sleeps around TWELVE hours?! I am guessing she's formula fed? Or are there really some breastfed babies who sleep that long? (If so, I hope our Monty's one!)

Thanks for the suggestion of fleece liners - I shall defo try them once I get round to buying some. Will maybe have a look on eBay tomorrow.

Wow! Sleeps around TWELVE hours?! I am guessing she's formula fed? Or are there really some breastfed babies who sleep that long? (If so, I hope our Monty's one!)

Thanks for the suggestion of fleece liners - I shall defo try them once I get round to buying some. Will maybe have a look on eBay tomorrow.

Lol, she is formula fed, but that twelve hour sleep can include up to 3/4 feeds! We just don't change her during them now she is older as it wakes her up too much. Very occasionally she only feeds once during the night, but they are rare!

:)

(Obv we change her if she has pooed, but not if she is just wet!)

there are breast fed babies that sleep that long, daisy is mixed fed now but she slept about 8-9 hours most nights when she was exclusively BF! now she is mixed she sleeps around 11-12 hrs anyway lol back to the subject at hand !! i would recommend using a fleece liner if you are concerned about his bottom being wet! you can buy them fairly cheaply on most websites :)

I use these fleece liners and love them:

https://www.littlelamb.co.uk/itemdetl.php/itemprcd/Washable-Fleecy-Liners

I know people usually make their own, but I find the fleece you buy on a roll or blanket is totally different to the liners I use and I don't like it so much. I don't tend to chuck them away ever though! :D

I'm totally confused about fleece liners! Everybody says how they keep baby's bum dry but I'm trying out the various pocket nappies I have at the moment and Leyla's bum is always wet :( They're all fleece-lined so I would have thought they'd wick any moisture away but they don't (I'm using wonderoos, fuzzi buns and a couple of types of ebay cheapy). I admit I'm only using one of the inserts but even if I change her after an hour, she's still wet. If I put in the second insert, her bum is so big she can't move her legs! I've tried different inserts (even one of my smart nappy ones) and using a separate fleece liner on top of the fleece nappy lining, but no good. Any suggestions? Am I just expecting too much? When I say wet, it's more like damp not soggy. Is that normal?

I'm totally confused about fleece liners! Everybody says how they keep baby's bum dry but I'm trying out the various pocket nappies I have at the moment and Leyla's bum is always wet :( They're all fleece-lined so I would have thought they'd wick any moisture away but they don't (I'm using wonderoos, fuzzi buns and a couple of types of ebay cheapy). I admit I'm only using one of the inserts but even if I change her after an hour, she's still wet. If I put in the second insert, her bum is so big she can't move her legs! I've tried different inserts (even one of my smart nappy ones) and using a separate fleece liner on top of the fleece nappy lining, but no good. Any suggestions? Am I just expecting too much? When I say wet, it's more like damp not soggy. Is that normal?

what are you washing your nappies in hunni? could they be clogged??

daisys utt is sometimes a litte tiny bit damp but not much :shrug: :hugs: is LO a heavy wetter??

xxxxxx

Yeah Rachel, I don't think she should be that wet after an hour really, if at all. I change Freya every 3-4 hours and she is never wet but the nappy is always really heavy, and she has always been a heavy wetter. :shrug: Maybe try stripping the nappies and change how you wash them? :shrug:

I was going to say she's not really a heavy wetter but I just changed an absolutely sodden smart nappy that leaked a bit after 2 hours so I think she might be! I will try stripping the nappies though... I've been washing them with persil non-bio (about a quarter of the normal amount) but I've just started using ecover - do you think that's ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->